Returning Lifted Wagoneer to Stock Height

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Renodemona

Re: Returning Lifted Wagoneer to Stock Height

Post by Renodemona »

I'd consider grab handles and/or running boards. I have the same Rough Country springs and they are really stiff when new. Go out and flex them up a few times and they loosen up. Also trash the shocks that came with it they suck real bad. (Cheap). Ultimately your choice though. My GF is 5'1" and she is fine getting up into my rig with the grab handles and I have 33" tires ;)
If looking to improve ride and not spend a grand, replace the shocks and flex the springs, spring for grab handles. Even with stock springs, I don't know how soft the ride will be. Still a leaf sprung body on frame heavy truck ;)
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

stock springs nee like mine the ride is still rough.. but i do habe coil over shicks. So thats probly why lol.. When i had 1000 lbs in the back the other day the ride felt much better hahah
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

letank

Post by letank »

How much air pressure do you have in those tires? you can go down a few psi... recommendation are in the 34-36psi, but you can go as low as 32psi if you avoid extended freeway driving. if city and short distance such as 50miles on the freeway consider 28psi, but your mileage will take a dive, it will be cadillac comfort... One time the gas station compressor was inop after a trail trip... I drove a few hundred miles at about 28psi, at night with low temperature... super comfy... but got 10mpg vs the usual 14mpg.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)