Another little camping trip....

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Another little camping trip....

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

So last week, half drunk at 7pm on Thursday, my wife and I decided to go camping after work on Friday. I loaded the trailer in about 10 minutes, then packed a cooler and duffle bag in the morning, loaded the dog, and drove to work planning to leave after i put in my 8 hours.

Went to Ft. Churchill State Park, pretty cool. Remnants of an old civil war era army fort, right down on the Carson River. All the cottonwoods are changing color. It was warm enough, but cool enough. Pretty basic trip, just camped at a campground then went and did about 25 miles of dirt the next day, exploring out around Lahontan.

I'm getting more efficient with the tent and annex, and getting quite efficient and packing up and leaving. Trying to get a number of trips under my belt before I make any more changes or updates to the setup.

ImageUntitled by Marn, on Flickr

Cheers, folks.

Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

tgreese

Re: Another little camping trip....

Post by tgreese »

Those Cottonwood "oases" can be pretty. They grow where there's any ground water. Very nice.

Dinosaur beer ... I approve!
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

deckroid

Post by deckroid »

You know... These big gas swiggin', knuckle bustin', sons of... guns... may sometimes cause us no end of headaches and "flat wallet syndrome" but really, posts like this... I really appreciate these FSJs. I can't wait to get mine back from the painters so I can start daily driving her again.
1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).

89er

Post by 89er »

Awesome rig. Looks like a wonderful place to camp.
'89 Grand Wagoneer Baltic-blue/Tan

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

What a great camp setup and campsite. Man, you hit peak color too.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

I'm diggin' your tent/trailer rig. Do you have a post with more details on that?
77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

Dang, Dr. Marn! Those are some incredible photos. The colors in the trees are amazing and your trailer and rig sitting in amongst them really look spectacular.

Every time I see your set-up I want to find a trailer like that for myself. :-bd

I really like the first photo driving down the road with the colorful leaves down the drivers side and the sandy track stretching out ahead almost as much as the one with the colorful leaves forming a tunnel over the sandy track; both such killer pictures!
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Awesome shots as always!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

merrill77 wrote:I'm diggin' your tent/trailer rig. Do you have a post with more details on that?
Not on this site really. Probably easiest to just read this thread over on expedition portal:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/ ... st-2547690
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Thanks everybody, it was a nice little trip. Jeep ran fine, trailer performed well.

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

Great looking trip! Thanks for sharing. Should also post up in the FSJ Trails and Tails section http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16 so it does not get buried in the General thread.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

Great looking trip! Thanks for sharing. Should also post up in the FSJ Trails and Tails section http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16 so it does not get buried in the General thread.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack