Reproduction Headliner

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
custom76

Re: Reproduction Headliner

Post by custom76 »

men in black wrote:
custom76 wrote:Different seller than I found on eBay. Did Jacjilli say if it was made by REM? is it a 3 piece?
Yes its made by REM and 3 piece. It looks like they cut the hole for the dome light in half.

From this diagram they sent it appears the added joint will be where the dome light is, haven’t measured this to my originals. Wonder how these are joined, if they are overlapped then there will be an issue with fitting into the side rails.

On the other hand, for the price they would certainly be better than nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1976 Custom Wagoneer Survivor
2000 WS6 Trans Am Conv, performance and suspension mods
1971 GTO Conv, 4 speed, built 428 (rest of its waiting for me to finish the Wag :| )
An old Pontiac guy gone Waggy!
:D Whoever designed these tailgates must still be grinning :D

men in black
Vendor

Post by men in black »

I measured the extra headliner I have and from the front to the center line for the dome light is 30 1/2"
You will have to make a custom trim strip to work with the dome light
1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior.. 70,000 miles,
Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
Full Corinthian leather front and rear seat. custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle-trap on floor. Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Topic author
custom76

Post by custom76 »

mx71 wrote:Why not just get the ones from BJs? I have one and it's great.
Somehow I missed your post, last time I checked BJ’s search only showed one for J trucks, just looked and they do look good from pics. Pricey, but probably best choice. Thx
1971 GTO Conv, 4 speed, built 428 (rest of its waiting for me to finish the Wag :| )

Topic author
custom76

Post by custom76 »

mx71 wrote:Why not just get the ones from BJs? I have one and it's great.
Best idea yet, didn’t know they had one, been a while since I’ve needed any repro parts.

Pricey, but the good stuff always is

Thanks

deckroid

Post by deckroid »

I was thinking of making my own... I saw some 5mm plywood at Lowes. I got to thinking about replacing the cardboard on the doors... it's shot to hell, but the leather/carpeting is still nice, so undo that, trace it on this super thin stuff, cut it out and restaple it. I then thought it might work for headliner too.
1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).

wterrier99

Post by wterrier99 »

deckroid wrote:I was thinking of making my own... I saw some 5mm plywood at Lowes. I got to thinking about replacing the cardboard on the doors... it's shot to hell, but the leather/carpeting is still nice, so undo that, trace it on this super thin stuff, cut it out and restaple it. I then thought it might work for headliner too.

if you try the 5mm plywood on the headliner keep us updated, I have been thinking of doing the same