New Rear bumper build

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
wagoneer84

New Rear bumper build

Post by wagoneer84 »

Hello all,
it's been a while since my last post but i have been busy. Anyhow I removed the nasty body lift from my jeep a couple of weeks ago and now the bumpers don't fit. The front was fairly easy i drilled new holes in the mounts and was able to fit it. The rear bumper was a different story so i decided to start from scratch. I used 4x4 .120 wall for the main part and 4"x1/4" for the mounts and 1" x 4" for the recovery points. It's still in progress so more pictures to come. I also bought some lights for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wagoneer84 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1984 Grand Wagoneer

1979bettywhite

Re: New Rear bumper build

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Can't wait to see it. Would love to make a custom one for mine with a swing out tire carrier.

Topic author
wagoneer84

Post by wagoneer84 »

It took me a while to figure out how to get the pics small enough to load. I am still debating the swing out tire carrier, currently the spare is on the roof rack.
1984 Grand Wagoneer

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Looks nice and beefy, yet tucked up good enough. Like the recovery points. Low profile, yet sturdy.

I just upload all my pics through Tapatalk on my phone. Makes things way easier.