The new fsj!

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
toothofwar

The new fsj!

Post by toothofwar »

So apparently for the right money, you can have anything you want. I'll have to admit, this thing is cool!!!

https://www.bruiserconversions.com/vehi ... 316f8d.jpg[/img]ImageImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: The new fsj!

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

I like it.

Starting at $40k and goes up. Obviously JK not included. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I have legit thought about buying the front clip for my JK. There are a few different ones out there. But know a guy that builds that out of steel. But then I remember that I should not spend thousands of dollars on a front clip.

Nice looking truck, but is severely lacking in rocker protection.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tedlovesjeeps71

Interesting they "offer" the 2.8 diesel and not the 3.0 Cummins repower. Probably because of cost.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I dunno. Just not feeling it.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Interesting they "offer" the 2.8 diesel and not the 3.0 Cummins repower. Probably because of cost.
The R2.8 is 50 state legal and is a nice quiet diesel. 3BT’s are obnoxiously loud and vibrate like crazy.

But in 7 months you can buy a factory built Jeep truck with a 3.0 EcoDiesel. So this thing will be moot.
2017 JKU Rubicon

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Stuka wrote:
But in 7 months you can buy a factory built Jeep truck with a 3.0 EcoDiesel. So this thing will be moot.
I agree. It's 95% bolt-on BS with the only actual value-added components being the "custom" bed and frame extension.

I haven't had my camera ready at the right moment, but the Jeep trucks are running all over out here right now, with their goofy full-car covers and michigan manufacturer's plates. On a barely related note, they're getting craftier and craftier with that camo too. There was one off of 285 halfway to conifer pulled over. They had stuck a bunch of styrafoam blocks between the cover and the body to change the shape of the car. I guess one of the blocks came loose because they had to pull over at the fire station, take the car cover off the front clip (how I saw it and knew what it was) and duct tape it back down. I turned around at the next exit to go back, but saw them coming down the highway before I got back to the fire station. On this second look, I was able to see that the zebra stripes had the Ram logo as part of it's pattern, despite being on a Jeep. :)
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Interesting they "offer" the 2.8 diesel and not the 3.0 Cummins repower. Probably because of cost.
The R2.8 is 50 state legal and is a nice quiet diesel. 3BT’s are obnoxiously loud and vibrate like crazy.

I think I was talking about the 3.0 eco? Or maybe not. Image Is the 3.0 repower offered by banks based on the ecodiesel or a 3bt? I thought it was the eco?

https://shop.bankspower.com/i-2556-1311 ... iesel.html

tedlovesjeeps71

REDONE wrote:
Stuka wrote:
I agree. It's 95% bolt-on BS with the only actual value-added components being the "custom" bed and frame extension.

I haven't had my camera ready at the right moment, but the Jeep trucks are running all over out here right now, with their goofy full-car covers and michigan manufacturer's plates. On a barely related note, they're getting craftier and craftier with that camo too. There was one off of 285 halfway to conifer pulled over. They had stuck a bunch of styrafoam blocks between the cover and the body to change the shape of the car. I guess one of the blocks came loose because they had to pull over at the fire station, take the car cover off the front clip (how I saw it and knew what it was) and duct tape it back down. I turned around at the next exit to go back, but saw them coming down the highway before I got back to the fire station. On this second look, I was able to see that the zebra stripes had the Ram logo as part of it's pattern, despite being on a Jeep. :)
Tell them to come down to the springs... I need one!!Image

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

If I could ever catch the suckers I'd tell them all kinds of things, haha! I can't even get a pic, let alone shout something unintelligible loud enough to make them look. :P

Seriously though, they are all over out here. My parents live in Bailey, so I mainly see them on the two lanes, but I've also caught them around town, probably averaging once a week but often in clusters. Earlier this summer I spotted a group of 5 (2-3 trucks, and some not trucks) surrounded by a herd of other un-camouflaged FCA vehicles with MI manufacturer plates. I like to think it was the group that ran the Rubicon that just hit the news a few weeks ago. Most recent was last Thursday at 44th&Ward. I was pulling out of the Edward's Meats parking lot (stocking up for the weekend) and "Gosh darn it! Another missed pic!".

I really wish I'd gotten that one though. I can only assume it was the Jeep truck because of the size, but it may have been a different smaller-than-a-full-size truck. It was just a quick glance as I was turning into traffic when I saw it, but the windshield seemed too raked for a Jeep. I need to get a dash cam!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

I would drive it!

Looks like they don't even drive it!
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

az chip

Post by az chip »

They are here in Arizona. But mostly large trucks pulling calibrated loads up and down grades.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Stuka wrote:

I think I was talking about the 3.0 eco? Or maybe not. Image Is the 3.0 repower offered by banks based on the ecodiesel or a 3bt? I thought it was the eco?

Ahh, that’s not a Cummins. It’s a VM Motori, which is the EcoDiesel that FCA uses.
2017 JKU Rubicon

tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Stuka wrote:

Ahh, that’s not a Cummins. It’s a VM Motori, which is the EcoDiesel that FCA uses.
Oops. You are correct and I'm going to sit in the corner and try and figure out how I screwed that up so bad. Image

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:I like it.

Starting at $40k and goes up. Obviously JK not included. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery. Image
What?!

$40k for a conversion kit?

For that kind of money I'd expect the hood to fit the grill.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.