Pictures of your 2 Door Cherokee Consoles

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Pictures of your 2 Door Cherokee Consoles

Post by Fast79Chief »

All you Cherokee owners ... post up your pictures of what you added for storage and what not, between the dash and the factory buckets. If you have a Cherokee without a floor shifter (ala Quadratrac) all the more better.
Let's get something started here.

1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

brielly
Vendor

Re: Pictures of your 2 Door Cherokee Consoles

Post by brielly »

Sorry I have no picture but the clutter catcher sold at wally world is a near perfect fit.
82 Cherokee 258 w/ mopar fuel injection, ax-15
Fiberglass Rhino Grille reproductions for sale. See my post in the vendors section or contact me rrielly@verizon.net

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Thanks for that brielly, but they sell so many ... what model did you install?

Thanks.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Pictures folks ... we need pictures.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Back when I had mine I just had some generic center console with two cup holders and some bins. Nothing fancy.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

men in black
Vendor

Post by men in black »

How about a Wagoneer custom console

1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior.. 70,000 miles,
Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
Full Corinthian leather front and rear seat. custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle-trap on floor. Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Nice!! Was that a factory unit or totally custom built?

mx71

Post by mx71 »

Is that a modified super wagoneer console? Does it tap into the a/c to push some into the back? Do you sell them?

men in black
Vendor

Post by men in black »

Totally custom, here are the basic measurements, underneath the armrest there is a panel for USB and 12 volt ports.
Those are Poker table cups and that is wood grained Formica. The trim is door trim upsidedown.

1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior.. 70,000 miles,
Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
Full Corinthian leather front and rear seat. custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle-trap on floor. Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

That's real nice men in black. Let's post up some more pics of what you guys have built or bought over the years. Looking for ideas to solve storage, cup holder, and other needs for the 79.

Thanks

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

I just used a generic console. Actually modified the stock brackets for it to mount to. So no drilling the floor etc. Drilled into the console and bolted it to the stock brackets.
ImageImageImage

You can get the console most anywhere. It gets rebranded by different companies but it's the same console. Comes in black, Grey, and spice. Works fine, nothing fancy. But $70 most places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

That's real cool BettyWhite! Fits in there just right too. Appreciate the pictures.

Keep em coming folks! This is good stuff for ALL of us.

P.S. Cool seats! What they out of?

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Seats are Corbeau Moabs. Bolt directly to the factory brackets, and you can use the sliders off your old seats as well. Pretty comfy and get the seating position up a little higher than the stock low back buckets. Plus you don't feel like you are in the recliner watching a tv show when driving, lol.

Wanted to preserve the Chief and all it's originality, so wanted upgrades that did not require me to put additional holes etc. But still wanted some resto-mod luxuries etc.

I am happy with the console as well. Works fine for what I need. But don't use the rear cupholder unless you really need to. It's built into the top of the console, so when you open the lid, there go your rear drinks right into the rear floor (don't ask me how I know). Front cupholders are a little deeper and work well.

Plenty of room inside the console as well. I plan to add a four rocker switch panel with 12V and USB outlets in there as well. Plenty of room to add that and still have room to keep stuff in there.

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

https://www.quadratec.com/products/1403 ... ioQAvD_BwE

Is this similar to what you used? I have a second set of brackets I could modify that way I can keep the stock arm rest and brackets. The only problem is the spare brackets are in an 83. Would they still work in my 79?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Exact same one. I would think your brackets should work just fine. I had to bend mine a bit on each side to get them to fit snug against the console. Just put them in the vise and used a pair of channel locks. Pretty thin metal so they bent easily. Got it positioned how I wanted it fore and aft and then marked holes with a sharpie on the console and drilled out for bolts. You can pull the cupholder out to get the forward mounting bolts installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Anybody else put an aftermarket 'console' in between their factory seat and the dash board? Let's see what cha got.
Post up some pics folks.

Thanks.

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

I'll do some digging on here, but If i remember correctly, there was someone who modified an early Escalade center console that looked beautiful in one. It was either here or on the mother ship, i can't remember.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

03-08? Explorer console. What I'll be doing in mine. Has A/C ducting already built in to the rear. Image
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

That's pretty darn slick right there!

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

That Explorer console looks really nice in there. That custom console looks really nice, MiB,aeesome woodgrain!
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD