Is there anyway to get outa the burned out of wrenching phase

Area for General FSJ related chat.

will e

Re: Is there anyway to get outa the burned out of wrenching phase

Post by will e »

I struggle when it is over 100 in the garage. I sweat so much I have to take off my glasses, it gets in my eyes, etc. Fortunately the Jeep is no longer my daily driver so no more 'have to fix it' on the weekends. The trouble is it can sit for a while and starts to collect boxes and stuff on top of it. That has it's own dangers...
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

will e wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:Second: Where are the objectionable words in this thread? I must have missed them.
The good Dr. tossed out a GD above.
Thanks. It's been beeped.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

fulsizjeep wrote:
candymancan wrote:If youre that worried keep them off the internet all-together
First: Just me but I think this part is uncalled for. It crosses the line in telling someone how to parent.

Second: Where are the objectionable words in this thread? I must have missed them.

Well it crosses my line i drew in the dirt when parents tell me how i should speak.. I dont need someone telling me to conform to them.. Thats the problem with this country these days. Dont bring your double standards around me. And im speaking in a general term here not on this thread specificly
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Now you are spewing. Please calm down. None of us need that. Remember this is a family friendly site so there are some rules you may not agree with.

Guidelines:
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=1945
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

candymancan wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:
candymancan wrote:If youre that worried keep them off the internet all-together
First: Just me but I think this part is uncalled for. It crosses the line in telling someone how to parent.

Second: Where are the objectionable words in this thread? I must have missed them.

Well it crosses my line i drew in the dirt when parents tell me how i should speak.. I dont need someone telling me to conform to them.. Thats the problem with this country these days. Dont bring your double standards around me. And im speaking in a general term here not on this thread specificly
Dude, calm down. This is not a public place. This is privately owned forum. If one of my mods says to watch what you say, or that you need to not act a certain way, its not a suggestion.

There are a lot of people that visit this forum with their kids. Because its about Jeeps, there is nothing 'adults only' about that. For the most part, this is a good, clean forum with very little drama. Please don't create any.

With that said, this thread can continue back on topic.

Thanks.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

mgbreis

Post by mgbreis »

I have several projects as well, and I find that if I don't try to force it I end up in a natural cycle of working on something almost every week. I especially love the winters because there's very little yard work or house projects that interfere. So I'm in the garage 4-5 evenings a week. Maybe only an hour but I've also learned that when I'm out there I get after it. I have a plan in my mind and I don't waste time. You can get a lot done when you go hard.

The Jeep is the one project where I try REALLY hard to keep it a rolling project. Anything that doesn't run for more than a few weeks becomes an albatross pretty fast. So my advice is (this is tongue-in-cheek tough love) is to stop being a pansy and get that spring installed!

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

mgbreis wrote:So my advice is (this is tongue-in-cheek tough love) is to stop being a pansy and get that spring installed!
Dude...this isn't even my post and that comment just motivated me to work tonight on my own suspension issues I have been neglecting lol
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.