York ac brackets

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
kansasboy001

York ac brackets

Post by kansasboy001 »

I'm missing the top bracket for the York compressor. Is it really needed? Seems pretty solid without it. Thanks
1983 Cherokee Laredo. 360/ 727/ np228/ Junkyard 7427 TBI/ Msd ignition

Xplitive

Re: York ac brackets

Post by Xplitive »

Having just removed mine to replace with a Sanden, I’m guessing the bracket is to make up for the 4th connection point. The compressor is attached to the bottom bracket by bolts through the bottom in 3 corners.
If it works probably leave it alone.
Other options are make your own by flattening the ends to drill bolt holes through on a piece of tubing.
OR I should be done soon with my conversion. Don’t every plan on going back to a York after discovering what a PITA it is to remove. Don’t think I need the bracket in the conversion.
Erik
1989 GW, 31s on rancho front and general spring rear

gopher_6_9

Post by gopher_6_9 »

Not needed. Plenty are running upright with no bracket on top for on board air. If you want a bracket I should have 2 if I can find them in the mess of spare parts....

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Idunno. Air compressor use is intermittent. If Jeep spent the extra money on a bracket it might be a good thing to have.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.