Picking up my first FSJ

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
superdave

Re: Picking up my first FSJ

Post by superdave »

melford72 wrote:Really good find. Nice work. Don't touch the plaid! How's the suspension? What are the plans for the build?
Thanks! My plan is to first get it past emissions so I can get a plate on it. Fuel fill lines are dry rotted and it needs a cat. Then this summer/fall going through everything- cleaning, lubricating, repairing what needs done to make sure it's roadworthy. Over the winter it'll get garaged and I'll turn my attention to the body, rust proofing and doing any repairs necessary. Come spring it'll hit the road, still basically looking as it does, and be my daily driver when I turn my lease in. Probably a bad idea according to some but it's what I want to do. It drives extremely nice- for a 40 year old jeep. Doesn't pull or bounce around. It behaves about as well as my 99 TJ did and I'm good with that. It'll need new tires when it hits the road in the spring too. Next year I'd like to look into a tbi conversion if the money is there, and maybe a 2 inch lift. I love the look inside and out and don't want to stray too far from where it is now, I just want everything to work, and to work reliably. We'll see how that goes. I've got about 9 months.
Dave Knoerzer
1977 Wagoneer 360/400/QT stock as far as I can tell

Topic author
superdave

Post by superdave »

Bigbadjeep wrote:Lookin' good my friend! Ya did good by the looks of things.
Thanks! The PO said when you're driving it down the road, "ya just have ta giggle" (read in a Michigan UP accent). She was right, I had a stupid smile on my face the whole way home, which turned out to be about a 10 hour drive.
Dave Knoerzer

melford72

Post by melford72 »

superdave wrote: Come spring it'll hit the road, still basically looking as it does, and be my daily driver when I turn my lease in. Probably a bad idea according to some but it's what I want to do... We'll see how that goes. I've got about 9 months.
Ha! I just went in on a 72 to use as my daily. Had a perfectly practical and reliable (and paid off) little Honda, but... BORING!!! haha. Glad to know that someone else is in this with me for better or for worse!
70 Custom Special
Not running at the moment, but LMG/4L60e in the works! :mrgreen:

Previously, 72 Wagoneer
Carbed, Cammed, and Lifted

Topic author
superdave

Post by superdave »

melford72 wrote:
superdave wrote: Come spring it'll hit the road, still basically looking as it does, and be my daily driver when I turn my lease in. Probably a bad idea according to some but it's what I want to do... We'll see how that goes. I've got about 9 months.
Ha! I just went in on a 72 to use as my daily. Had a perfectly practical and reliable (and paid off) little Honda, but... BORING!!! haha. Glad to know that someone else is in this with me for better or for worse!
Great minds think alike. So do fools. :P
Dave Knoerzer

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

Nice find! I used to have the exact same Wagoneer. Love that color combo. And like others have said, don't you dare touch those plaid seats! Just clean them and keep them!
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

Topic author
superdave

Post by superdave »

DustinLangston wrote:Nice find! I used to have the exact same Wagoneer. Love that color combo. And like others have said, don't you dare touch those plaid seats! Just clean them and keep them!
The plaid completes the look. Just a good cleaning until I get around to rebuilding the seats.
Dave Knoerzer

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

I also have a 77 Wagoneer with the plaid interior with a front bench seat. First I've ever seen like that. I love the plaids though.
How is the headliner? Still up?
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

Topic author
superdave

Post by superdave »

DustinLangston wrote:I also have a 77 Wagoneer with the plaid interior with a front bench seat. First I've ever seen like that. I love the plaids though.
How is the headliner? Still up?
The headliner is there, but coming undone. When I get to interior work I need to get up in there anyways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dave Knoerzer