Axial M715 (ish)

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Axial M715 (ish)

Post by Stuka »

This is technically modeled after the Nukizer concept, but would not be too hard to convert into a full blown FSJ.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Axial M715 (ish)

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Those are cool. Stupid expensive but very cool. I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troopthrowback

Post by troopthrowback »

I love how people call scale trucks expensive. Compared to the real thing it’s pennies on the dollar!

But I get it, they can’t haul hay or your kids to school. But the smiles!

#roughnready_scaleblazers

tedlovesjeeps71

troopthrowback wrote:I love how people call scale trucks expensive. Compared to the real thing it’s pennies on the dollar!

It's probably because a lot of us jeepers are PO folk. Image My former boss had an Axial with a jk body that matched his DD. He had over 2500.00 in it! Image That's a big chunk of real parts if not entire jeeps.

troopthrowback

Axial M715 (ish)

Post by troopthrowback »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
troopthrowback wrote:I love how people call scale trucks expensive. Compared to the real thing it’s pennies on the dollar!

It's probably because a lot of us jeepers are PO folk. Image My former boss had an Axial with a jk body that matched his DD. He had over 2500.00 in it! Image That's a big chunk of real parts if not entire jeeps.

$2500 is ridiculous! While completely possible, that’s not the average. I have less than $300 in each of my rc scalers (except the Traxxas trx-4, which was bought nearly new and is much more expensive new) because they were each bought secondhand for half that then upgraded as parts broke or I wanted improvements.

If you’re spending that much A. You’re doing it wrong and B. You’re single handedly keeping your local hobby shop in business! C, that’s akin to the guy with the new JL that has all his upgrades installed by the local boutique 4x4 Shop. He’s going to have $100k in it before he knows what hit him.

The advent of 3-d printing has really accelerated the advancement and affordability of parts, too. Though that’s like the fallacy of getting into reloading ammo to save money. We do it because it’s fun and stokes our creative fires, not for cost savings. Because that’s decades away.

tedlovesjeeps71

troopthrowback wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:

$2500 is ridiculous! While completely possible, that’s not the average. I have less than $300 in each of my rc scalers (except the Traxxas trx-4, which was bought nearly new and is much more expensive new) because they were each bought secondhand for half that then upgraded as parts broke or I wanted improvements.

If you’re spending that much A. You’re doing it wrong and B. You’re single handedly keeping your local hobby shop in business! C, that’s akin to the guy with the new JL that has all his upgrades installed by the local boutique 4x4 Shop. He’s going to have $100k in it before he knows what hit him.

The advent of 3-d printing has really accelerated the advancement and affordability of parts, too. Though that’s like the fallacy of getting into reloading ammo to save money. We do it because it’s fun and stokes our creative fires, not for cost savings. Because that’s decades away.

Don't misunderstand me, I really dig the RC stuff. I'm sure if I was better off financially I would have a couple myself. It's all relative with costs.
And a smaller, simpler outlet for creative expression is a great thing. I have a pile of scale plastic models to build, one day, squirrelled away in storage. Last time I was in a hobby shop I was amazed at how expensive even those kits have become. It is what it is. *Shrugs*