Can someone help me value my parts.

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
aserf2dr

Can someone help me value my parts.

Post by aserf2dr »

Hello everyone, I recently went to look at a 73 J4000 in hopes of pulling the 360, trans, and case,and selling the rest. well it turns out that the truck was a complete lost cause and basically unmovable. However the seller had some parts that i did end up buying off of him. I now have a pair of perfect front WT fenders a rad support, hood, a very nice driver quality Razor grill and a hood. I believe all of the parts to be new or close to new take off, maybe from a truck that was hit in the rear. Problem is i have no use for them for my Cherokee, Nor do I have any idea as to what they are worth! Can anyone help me value these so i can get them sold? Thanks in advance and if it would help I can upload pictures tonight if its not pouring rain.

tgreese

Re: Can someone help me value my parts.

Post by tgreese »

Location makes a difference. Also depends on how quickly you need to make a sale.

Generally you won't make as much as a junkyard would, because they can wait around to get their price. Private party sales go for a lot less.

Also, there's an element of fraternity between the members of make-specific web forums like this one. Typically we aren't in it for the money, and often parts change hands with little consideration for profit. If you are really interested in making money, you could list your parts on eBay and see what the bids go to. That's probably the most market-efficient way to price such things. Or you can pick a number out of the air, list on the "parts for sale" forums like here or at IFSJA, and see what happens. If it were me selling, I would add enough to the purchase price to make up for my time, and list for that.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

I would add that you know what you paid for them so they’re probably worth at least that much;) I agree with tgreese though, if you’re interested in making profit then throw them on eBay and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

If you are north east and it has a bed im interested if its a 7 footer. And if there is any remnant of a rear bumper im interested no matter location
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

Topic author
aserf2dr

Post by aserf2dr »

reading.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-truck/6598597496.html
Im pretty sure he would take much less than the listed price.
Also thanks everyone for the input. Will probably end up listing the parts soon on here.