Icon's Kaiser Waggy

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
1979bettywhite

Icon's Kaiser Waggy

Post by 1979bettywhite »

This popped up on my Hoonigan feed this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xte_nUD_8fI&t=437s

Not much OEM, but what a nice specimen. I don't know how much $ is in this, but it's a lot, lol.

HowardT64

Re: Icon's Kaiser Waggy

Post by HowardT64 »

That is a BEAUTIFUL wag!!!!! I would love to have mine looking that good :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Everything Icon touches is stunning. I really like that blue color.

Funny he mentions how that engine is smog legal in California when that year is exempt :P
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

troopthrowback

Post by troopthrowback »

Stuka wrote:Everything Icon touches is stunning. I really like that blue color.

Funny he mentions how that engine is smog legal in California when that year is exempt :P

Exempt = Legal, no?

But I get what you’re saying. The vehicle is exempt meaning he could put a coal burning steam engine in it and be permitted. So the insinuation that the engine burns clean as a result is misleading. Sneaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

troopthrowback wrote:
Stuka wrote:Everything Icon touches is stunning. I really like that blue color.

Exempt = Legal, no?

But I get what you’re saying. The vehicle is exempt meaning he could put a coal burning steam engine in it and be permitted. So the insinuation that the engine burns clean as a result is misleading. Sneaky.

Exactly, they could have gone with any engine. No real reason go with yet another LS swap. I know its up to their customer, but I have no doubt the customer just said he wanted reliable or something. So they could have gone with a Hemi, Coyote, anything really.
2017 JKU Rubicon

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

As a "manufacturer" he has to follow different rules. Its exempt from smog checks, but technically its still illegal to remove smog equipment in CA (even if it will never be checked). Any motor going into a car must have all the smog requirements to match that motor year, not the year of the car. He has to be extra careful, as at least w/ his broncos, he gets new VIN#s assigned.

Beautiful build by the way. Im going to steal a bit of inspiration from it, thats for sure.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Icon builds some cool stuff if you have a fat enough wallet. I like this thing. Reliable LS power, better riding suspension, probably none of the normal electrical issues or drivability stuff we all wrestle with on our originals. Way out of my price range since it probably starts at 80-100k but still cool.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

If they are putting new VINs on, than I totally understand all the emissions. But there would not have been any emissions at all on that year waggy. Still would have liked to see something other than an LS.
2017 JKU Rubicon

troopthrowback

Post by troopthrowback »

RamJetFSJ wrote:As a "manufacturer" he has to follow different rules. Its exempt from smog checks, but technically its still illegal to remove smog equipment in CA (even if it will never be checked). Any motor going into a car must have all the smog requirements to match that motor year, not the year of the car. He has to be extra careful, as at least w/ his broncos, he gets new VIN#s assigned.

Beautiful build by the way. Im going to steal a bit of inspiration from it, thats for sure.

I realize you’re 100% right on the manufacturer piece. It didn’t occur to me as I’m not really familiar with who Icon is. Thanks fir the clarification!

Troop

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

troopthrowback wrote:
RamJetFSJ wrote:As a "manufacturer" he has to follow different rules. Its exempt from smog checks, but technically its still illegal to remove smog equipment in CA (even if it will never be checked). Any motor going into a car must have all the smog requirements to match that motor year, not the year of the car. He has to be extra careful, as at least w/ his broncos, he gets new VIN#s assigned.

I realize you’re 100% right on the manufacturer piece. It didn’t occur to me as I’m not really familiar with who Icon is. Thanks fir the clarification!

Troop

Some of their more "standard" offerings...