Levi Blue Fabric

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Aussie Jeep

Levi Blue Fabric

Post by Aussie Jeep »

Hi Everyone

New to FSJN here, so far very helpful, thanks to everyone here, restoring a 78 Cherokee Chief, and chasing the original levi Blue Fabric for the interior? Read through some old posts of suppliers, etc but no luck!

Hope someone out there maybe able to throw me a lead?

Cheers
Mark

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Levi Blue Fabric

Post by Stuka »

I doubt you would find any original fabric that is that old. You will most likely need to try and match new fabric that looks similar to the old stuff.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

austinjeeps.com has some but it's crazy expensive.
I'd recommend finding some good outdoor denim with UV protection. The NOS denim falls apart really fast. The new denim looks better anyways.
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

440sixpack

Post by 440sixpack »

There were two levis fabrics used. the full size Jeeps used one version and the CJ's used another which was coated to handle exposure. they look and feel different. but either would work of course.

Original auto interiors still had the tan when I did my seats last summer, they might have the blue I'd call them.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I looked into material for the doors and seat a while back. I got a light blue denim sample and shot it with a can of Armor-All Aqua Armor. It ended up being very close to the OEM Levi denim.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

sectumsempra

Post by sectumsempra »

You could just leave it all ripped up and torn and tell people it's the Bon Jovi Edition.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

sectumsempra wrote:You could just leave it all ripped up and torn and tell people it's the Bon Jovi Edition.
:lol: That is probably the funniest first post I have seen. Welcome to the madness!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

sectumsempra

Post by sectumsempra »

fulsizjeep wrote: :lol: That is probably the funniest first post I have seen. Welcome to the madness!
Thanks!
I'm happy to be here. I get my first FSJ (79 Cherokee Chief) delivered to me this week.
I've wanted one, and have been doing research on them for years. But the stars finally lined up with price and timing.
Looking forward to asking a bunch of questions and posting my progress on the build.