Grand Wagoneer 88 Rear Passenger Fixed Window outer base seal

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Oldmanwag

Grand Wagoneer 88 Rear Passenger Fixed Window outer base seal

Post by Oldmanwag »

Anyone been able to find the rear passenger outer "fixed" window seal at the base? The one that is about an inch wide and 7 inches long and lays on the door at the base of the fixed window. Havent been able to find one.

letank

Re: Grand Wagoneer 88 Rear Passenger Fixed Window outer base seal

Post by letank »

I looked in the parts catalog and could not locate a part number...

J and W in Sacramento is a good place to start,

or put a add in the wanted section...

not too sure how it is attached... need to post a pict if I can find one in the spare parts section
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Sold as an assembly, part of 23.126-1

23. 126—1
FRAME. Rear Door Stationary Glass (mcl. Frame, Glass And Division Bar)
(Left—Clear) 957 825
(Left—Tinted) 963 581
(Right—Clear) 957 826
(Right—Tinted) 963582

I'd guess from the picture the rubber is all one piece and does not come apart easily. When they say division bar, it's actually the division bar seal next to the channel that's part of the assembly. The steel channel that the roll-up glass runs in is a separate part.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

letank

Post by letank »

Here what I found, the bottom part of the stationary window off a passenger door

and view from top

You have to pull the window motor and the glass to slide the stationary glass out of the door... a real pain, especially that this door was damaged so the window -movable- glass was impossible to pull out without bending the stationary glass frame.
It looks like the gasket is non directional, same shape for left or right side -Passenger or driver side-

Remove all 4 screws and it should dismantle the frame

Hope it helps
Michel

Topic author
Oldmanwag

Post by Oldmanwag »

Thanks Michel. This job is a bear. I tried slanting the stationary glass frame a bit, towards the door, and I can get almost all the windshield out of the
main window track that holds the stationary window. I've got everything out motor and track. Main Window just doesn't want to get out of that track. I'm toying with dremeling the dam thing below the window line and then splicing it back together.

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

If it's anything like the front windows, you turn the glass 90 degrees and remove it through the door slot. This is covered pretty well in the TSM - check the '82 TSM here - http://oljeep.com/edge_parts_man.html

I don't own a Wagoneer, so I have not tried to take a rear door apart. However, the instructions for the front doors helped me a lot with my J20.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

letank

Post by letank »

Oldmanwag wrote:Thanks Michel. This job is a bear. I tried slanting the stationary glass frame a bit, towards the door, and I can get almost all the windshield out of the
main window track that holds the stationary window. I've got everything out motor and track. Main Window just doesn't want to get out of that track. I'm toying with dremeling the dam thing below the window line and then splicing it back together.
Yes it is a bear, the rolling glass is binding at the bottom of the steel door -in fact at the arch of the rear wheel well- I was surprised too, because the TSM seems to make it like a walk in the park, there is no way to roll that glass 90 degrees without bending something else, short of cutting a hole in the steel... My donor door was a junker, so it was demolition in progress, I removed all the pieces of hardware... albeit I still managed to bend the fixed window frame...
Michel