Hi. I'm still around.

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Hi. I'm still around.

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Hi. I still exist, I still have my jeep. Havent been driving it much because I hate the EFI system and its scary merging into traffic when your engine cuts out on you.

Farted around a little bit this winter though.

ImageIMG_E5259 by Marn, on Flickr
ImageIMG_E5234 by Marn, on Flickr
ImageIMG_E5183 by Marn, on Flickr
ImageIMG_E5180 by Marn, on Flickr
ImageIMG_E5173 by Marn, on Flickr

bought a thing to go behind the wag, not going to color match it though because dont know if i'll have the wagoneer much longer. Presently stripping treating and painting the trailer to do a roof top tent build so we can gt to more remote areas than with the pop up.

Imagetrailer2 by Marn, on Flickr
Imagetrailer3 by Marn, on Flickr

Anyway, hi.....how are you all going?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

FSJ Guy

Re: Hi. I'm still around.

Post by FSJ Guy »

Pix look great!!

Let's get back to troubleshooting your EFI!

Engine stalling sucks! That should NOT be happening at all!!!
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

FSJ Guy wrote:Pix look great!!

Let's get back to troubleshooting your EFI!

Engine stalling sucks! That should NOT be happening at all!!!
I've posted a little update in the EFI thread.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I love the look of the desert with snow :)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

Those are some great pics!
77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

bigun

Post by bigun »

Who are you?

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

bigun wrote:Who are you?
i know, right?

bwwhaler

Post by bwwhaler »

Awesome pics! I told you on the M416 page, nice trailer, I would love to follow your build of it, shoot me a link or post a link to it if you have one.
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

bwwhaler wrote:Awesome pics! I told you on the M416 page, nice trailer, I would love to follow your build of it, shoot me a link or post a link to it if you have one.
I dont really do that anymore, i have grown disillusioned with the internet and keeping up on my stuff ever since jeepforum turned to sh!t.

That being said, i'm keeping most of my (small) updates over on expedition portal.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Good to see you out and about. Great photos..and i want your trailer!
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

What will you pull the trailer with if you get rid of the Jeep?
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

MadMax78 wrote:What will you pull the trailer with if you get rid of the Jeep?
I was wondering the same thing.

Anyway, glad to see you're around! Those pics are impressive - as always. :-bd
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
bwwhaler wrote:Awesome pics! I told you on the M416 page, nice trailer, I would love to follow your build of it, shoot me a link or post a link to it if you have one.
I dont really do that anymore, i have grown disillusioned with the internet and keeping up on my stuff ever since jeepforum turned to sh!t.

That being said, i'm keeping most of my (small) updates over on expedition portal.

Yea i was Jeepforum for years lile for 5 years and the community got really bad.. Asshole people and moderators who dont do dick except threaten the guy who is getting picked on.

So i finally blew up and roasted one of them and got banned.. Oh well no big loss.. I was an avid poster on the ZJ section helped alot of people but thats cool.. They can suck my nuts lol.

SJ owners are older and more mild tempered i noticed so i like this forum better
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I have heard of you. ;) Keep coming back but burn the Internet to the ground. :-bd
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

MadMax78 wrote:What will you pull the trailer with if you get rid of the Jeep?
something modern, reliable, comfortable, and capable. So, pretty much anything other than my Wagoneer.

I have an almost completely stock 2004 Dakota, that is more reliable, more comfortable, and most likely as, if not more, capable. I don't worry about it stranding me every time I get into it. It can go 65 up hill, it gets more than 11mpg, so on and so forth.

So, even if I were to simply sell the jeep and not get a Toyota or something, I still have a vehicle that is better at everything the jeep, and its not even very good at any of those things sadly :-(

Nostalgia and "hey new jeep" comments only get you so far :-/

We'll see, if i can get this ignition and EFI nonsense sorted out, maybe I can start enjoying the jeep, but the past 2 years I have completely fallen out of love with it.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

candymancan wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:

Yea i was Jeepforum for years lile for 5 years and the community got really bad.. Asshole people and moderators who dont do dick except threaten the guy who is getting picked on.

So i finally blew up and roasted one of them and got banned.. Oh well no big loss.. I was an avid poster on the ZJ section helped alot of people but thats cool.. They can suck my nuts lol.

SJ owners are older and more mild tempered i noticed so i like this forum better
Yeah, it turned to trash.

Then I realized on expedition portal nobody cares about it really, because it isnt a $70,000 JKU with angry eyes and pristine unused maxxtrax and rotopax bolted to the roof rack.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Yea man.. everyone and their mother has a new wrangler with 33-35s on.. light bars.. big jack.. Angry eyes and meh i wont get into it.

It looks neat something new but yea Id rather have my wagoneer which no one else in my entire area has.. Or at least from what ive seen.

However on reliability my Gw has been more reliable then my ZJ.. both ZJs have had electrical issues with sensors going bad causing stalling and so forth. An easy fix if you know which one is doing it.. but ny 5.9zj i couldnt figire out what was causing the stalling when i let off the gas.. Was doing it for over a year and became dangerous for my Jeep to die in a intersection.

As for your EFI have you tried to just go back to a more modern carburtetor thats more reliable

As for more comfortable.. Maybe the leaf springs vs coil springed suspension is rougher but the interior on modern vehicles is not more comfortable to me. Seats on every new car ive been in including grand cherokees are hard as a rock.. my ZJ and GW seats are like riding on clouds.

My GW is only rough due to the coil over shocks i have on.. I bet if i put on some large diameter shocks like gabriels that are on my ZJ itd be alot softer.

Whats uncomfortable about your wagoneer ?

Had a friend sell his 98 Cherokee he spent a year working on and got a brand new cherokee because be wanted something more reliable.. Only for his transmission to go bad lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

As much as I love my J10, I don't wheel at it all. Haven't for years. My JK's (NO Angry eyes, EVER) just ride so much better, are more capable, more reliable, etc. After a day on the trails in my J10 I end up with a head ache and tired. Same thing in my JK's, and I am not tired or sore. Coils with disconnected sway bar just make a huge difference.

And yeah, wranglers do NOT have the old school or unusual looks of an FSJ. But they are really good at what they do. Tundras are the same. They are super common, but they work well. The IFS does limit them some, but they still go more places than most people need. And both Wranglers and Tundras have a very strong after market.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

candymancan wrote:
Whats uncomfortable about your wagoneer ?
old ass bench seat with no head rests.

no ac

heat through floor boards.

poor heat when its cold out

"air" leaks all over the place specifically the tailgate because they don't make a 73 and down tailgate seal.

the exhaust that i constantly inhale because of the aforementioned seal leaks.

the gas fumes that i constantly inhale because of the aforementioned seal leaks

loud as hell because of the aforementioned air leaks.

loud rattling windows.

loud rattling everything

super stiff ass leaf springs combined with stuff ass shocks so I could tow the pop up without rubbing on bumps.

the most uncomfortable offroad ride i have ever experienced, literally bouncing me into the roof if i exceed 5mph on some roads.

falling headliner that is touching my head and my passengers heads.

Radio that doesnt work anymore because of the HEI, so i cant listen to my tunes unless i use a tape adapter.

leaks in the rain.

Uh.....hmm im not sure what else but thats a start. At least it looks cool and people wave every so often.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:As much as I love my J10, I don't wheel at it all. Haven't for years. My JK's (NO Angry eyes, EVER) just ride so much better, are more capable, more reliable, etc. After a day on the trails in my J10 I end up with a head ache and tired. Same thing in my JK's, and I am not tired or sore. Coils with disconnected sway bar just make a huge difference.

And yeah, wranglers do NOT have the old school or unusual looks of an FSJ. But they are really good at what they do. Tundras are the same. They are super common, but they work well. The IFS does limit them some, but they still go more places than most people need. And both Wranglers and Tundras have a very strong after market.
and that's the thing. I don't have a reason to own a modern square 4 door SUV, AND an old square 4 door SUV. nor do i have the space nor the resources.

If I ever get something newer that fits my needs, there likely wont be any reason to own the wagoneer. It'll go the way of our nova, which just sits 29 out of 30 days each month, and literally gets like 200 miles a year.

I've mentioned it before, but I'd much rather flip flop my situation. modern reliable SUV for wheeling and camping and long trips, old pickup truck for stuff around town like dump runs, cruising, lumber yard, something to tinker with, etc.