POWER PEDAL ADJUSTMENT

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
gunner217

POWER PEDAL ADJUSTMENT

Post by gunner217 »

I am repairing a wrecked 2002 Grand Cherokee (WJ). It has factory adjustable pedal's installed. I have found numerous forum posting's regarding them, but they all seem to involve out of sequence pedals. Mine seem fine, in fact with the motor removed, the drive cable turns fine and they both move together. When I press the switch, nothing happens. I have checked the output of the switch, and it seems fine. Fuse #10 is listed for the pedals, and it is fine. With the cable removed going to the motor, I have no power no matter what I do. It is suppose to be locked out and aa message on the overhead console stating that it is locked out when you try to adjust while in reverse. Mine does nothing. I have tried researching this with no luck. I am unable to locate a good wiring diagram. Right before the drive motor is a plastic box that I believe is the Pedal Control Module.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

will e

Re: POWER PEDAL ADJUSTMENT

Post by will e »

Hey there! Welcome to the forum.. oh wait, you joined a couple of years ago. I see you posted about the pedal for a WJ. You do realize this is a 'full size jeep' forum. It deals with the SJ models.

Of course you are welcome to ask questions but you might find better answers to WJ questions on forums focused on those jeeps.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge