Getting busy...

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
HowardT64

Getting busy...

Post by HowardT64 »

Now that my back is pretty much healed and the weather seems to be warming up some, I am going to get busy fixing up the Wag. Time to clean her out as the cargo area has gathered clutter. I have some wiring to work on as well. I have plans soon to pull door panels off and clean actuators and grease window tracks. Eventually I am going to replace All of the door panels and the panels in the cargo area with real wood :)

I have some red LED lights for under the dash and for the cargo area...was thinking too of replacing the dash light bulbs with red bulbs.

Ill keep you posted :)

Cheers!!

Howard 90 Wag
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Topic author
HowardT64

Re: Getting busy...

Post by HowardT64 »

I have a tote I keep in the cargo area...need to leave it in there. It has survival stuff; a propane canister, sterno...etc. And I need to leave my "Fluids" box in there, it has oil, tfluid, power steering fluid...and jumper cables :) I wonder if there is a way to make storage for these items to reduce cargo clutter?
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

If you replace your dash lights, there are inexpensive #194 LED bulbs that will swap right in. Remove the blue filter (you'll see it when you remove the bulb housing) and you're all set!
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

letank

Post by letank »

Cargo clutter .... I use milk crate(s)...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Yea i have milk crates for storage in the back. They work really good.

As for storage of oils and stuff. I bought this huge like heavy duty bag thing from harbor freight was cheap and holds like 20 bottles of various oil. paint. and so forth that i keep back there.

As for leds. 194 is used for turn signal bulbs but our dashes use them.. Not sure what blue filter you are reffering too guy above me.. But mine didnt have that.. Leds dont use filters from what i am aware of.

I converted to all leds for interior.. dash. dome lights. and removed the stoco cargo light for a small led light bar.. even floor lights i did led.. you can actually see in the Jeep with leds
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

For fluids - I have an old school wooden milk crate I picked up at an antique shop for $15, and put some screws through the bottom to stick out about 1/4" to keep it from sliding around & messing up the shag on the sides of the cargo area. Works pretty well, and I like that you can see there's only fluids in there. We have trouble with folks breaking into cars with bags, so feel a little better that they can see they'll get a roll of duct tape, a quart of oil, and washing fluid.
1984 GW

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

I just use my cargo cover and hide it all lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

candymancan wrote:I just use my cargo cover and hide it all lol
I would love to have one, but I cannot find one at all ...
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"