Red Floor Mats?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
66stepside

Red Floor Mats?

Post by 66stepside »

I’ve searched high and low for a decent set of thick rubber floor mats for my 60’s era Waggie, but nothing comes up on the four different search engines.

I’ve even looked for decent carpeted mats in red, and nothing of quality comes up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Herk

Re: Red Floor Mats?

Post by Herk »

Both Rock Auto and BJ's sell ACC carpets. Based on my experience with their products on other vehicles (70's Mopar & GM) I would expect better than OEM quality and fit, but I've yet to install in a Jeep. To get a nice color match, it may be necessary to order mats and carpet set from same vendor at same time.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

which kind of red are you looking for ? The two red's i know these fsj's had were a bright garnet red or the almost brown/purple cordovan from the later years.

Have you seen these floor mats ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Floor-Mat ... Ciid%253A1
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Herk wrote:Both Rock Auto and BJ's sell ACC carpets. Based on my experience with their products on other vehicles (70's Mopar & GM) I would expect better than OEM quality and fit, but I've yet to install in a Jeep. To get a nice color match, it may be necessary to order mats and carpet set from same vendor at same time.
I’ll check those sites specifically. The Wag has new carpet, but the PO installed carpet from the wrong era. The carpet will get replaced/upgraded to period correct stuff- the tip about ordering carpet and mats at the same time is a good idea.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

candymancan wrote:which kind of red are you looking for ? The two red's i know these fsj's had were a bright garnet red or the almost brown/purple cordovan from the later years.

Have you seen these floor mats ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Floor-Mat ... Ciid%253A1

Yeah, but they’re more of an Oxblood/Maroon shade, my interior is pretty basic Red.

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

My truck had awful goldish carpet in it when I got it. Not even close to the brown it should have! So I went to Rock Auto and got the brown/biege floor mat to replace it! Looks very good and I will install as soon as the weather breaks here! It is made by ACC and they offer carpet and rubber mats! I wanted something other than carpet for my truck !! Check it out before you buy!!! FYI!!!
1979 J20, 360 w/NV4500/D300 Twin Stick/3.73 SOLD
1978 Cherokee Chief W/T Levi interior, 360 Q/T. SCRAPPED
1970 Gladiator J4800 Camper Special, Buick 350, 4spd. SOLD

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

I got the BJ's mats and they fit amazing & a really good color match to Nutmeg for my car.

They have a swatch chart and what the ACC color code is closest to by year here: http://forum.bjsoffroad.com/forum/forum ... pet-colors
1984 GW

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

BJ’s has a pretty cool menu option for floor mats that start at 75.00 for a set of four- but no pics.

Has anyone bought their floor mats in the 60/40 loop? Any pics, or comments on the quality/color?

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

@66stepside - those are the ones I bought but in cut-pile. Color is spot on and they fit perfectly.
1984 GW

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

weeegoneeer wrote:@66stepside - those are the ones I bought but in cut-pile. Color is spot on and they fit perfectly.

Thanks! The cut pile is the newer style carpet AMC/Chrysler era, right?

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

It's like a really short shag (which I guess wouldn't be shag, but you get my point :) )
1984 GW

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

weeegoneeer wrote:It's like a really short shag (which I guess wouldn't be shag, but you get my point :) )

Ha, true. Pics?

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

Sure thing! Will snap a few in the AM...

~j
1984 GW

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

weeegoneeer wrote:Sure thing! Will snap a few in the AM...

~j
Thanks!

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

Sorry this took a year and a day!

As you can see I currently have my dash apart, was planning on having it together sooner for better photos but life got in the way. I can say, that my last GW had the original mats and these are the same shape. The one thing that's different is on original driver's side mats - there's a rubber pad for your heel to keep the mat from wearing out. You can see mine is already getting a little tamped down but overall love them!

So, sorry for the lateness and the crappy photos, they don't do the quality of them justice, but hope this helps you out!

1984 GW

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

weeegoneeer wrote:Sorry this took a year and a day!

As you can see I currently have my dash apart, was planning on having it together sooner for better photos but life got in the way. I can say, that my last GW had the original mats and these are the same shape. The one thing that's different is on original driver's side mats - there's a rubber pad for your heel to keep the mat from wearing out. You can see mine is already getting a little tamped down but overall love them!

So, sorry for the lateness and the crappy photos, they don't do the quality of them justice, but hope this helps you out!

Thanks for the pics- the carpet looks factory! I’ll order my carpet and floor mats from BJ’s