On my windshield toady

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
deckroid

On my windshield toady

Post by deckroid »

So, I came out of the local farming store with an arm load of goodies and found this on my windshield.

I was thinking I should send Johny a text message declining the offer.
1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).

REDONE

Re: On my windshield toady

Post by REDONE »

No, that just invites pestering. If your going to contact him at all, do so with your starting price if you're willing to sell. Otherwise, just let it go.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Man, nobody ever leaves me notes. I'd call that number back in 30 seconds and have this thing SOOOOOLD
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

People left me notes when I owned a '65 step-side F100. Never had a note on a J-truck though ...
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Hahahahahaha this has happened to my old 91 twice and it is not a nice Jeep. People are weird.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Maybe you should ask what the "this" pertains to?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

When I drove my scrambler around Germany this kind of thing happened all the time. I'd park, go do some sightseeing, and come back to one (or several) cards on the Jeep. Sometimes it was a little disconcerting as a CJ sure is easy to steal. But I never had a bad experience. I even came back to it one evening and saw two guys arguing over the Jeep. They both wanted to buy it, even though I wasn't selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Never had a note, but ive had like 10 offers to buy it in person at gas stations. I declined them all. I've put too much work into it and its really my first vehicle ive ever restored, and first vehicle ive ever bought with my own money without any loan or help. One guy offered 10 grand but i still declined
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I have had people stop by the house before. But been a few years since the last one.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

I got something like this once, told them I sleep with a shotgun next to my bed...been lots of thieving around our neighborhood.
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

will e

Post by will e »

Mine's worth more in parts...
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Got one recently in my CJ. I'm sure the person wanted it for peanuts otherwise there are plenty for sale on CL or ebay.

IF I were to make this approach to someone I would include what I was willing to pay.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

letank

Post by letank »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:Man, nobody ever leaves me notes. I'd call that number back in 30 seconds and have this thing SOOOOOLD
Bring it in our driveway: here people stop all the time to buy mine... "yes, it is $20K", they leave without another word!

I have notes on the 85 honda civic all the time too... especially at the junk yard parking lot
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

letank wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:Man, nobody ever leaves me notes. I'd call that number back in 30 seconds and have this thing SOOOOOLD
Bring it in our driveway: here people stop all the time to buy mine... "yes, it is $20K", they leave without another word!

I have notes on the 85 honda civic all the time too... especially at the junk yard parking lot
I live on a corner where 200 bro-dozers and dirt bikes drive by every day on their way to tear up my public lands....I'm sure a sign in the window would work.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
letank wrote:

I live on a corner where 200 bro-dozers and dirt bikes drive by every day on their way to tear up my public lands....I'm sure a sign in the window would work.
You can't do that though. Then you would have to live with watching a bro-dozer version of your Jeep drive by everyday. Just image, the front with an 8" lift, the rear with a 2", 15" wide wheels, and no less than 8 shocks per axle ;)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

SOLD! :D
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
deckroid

Post by deckroid »

I don't think I would ever sell my Jeep. Not now. I have only owned her since October of last year but we have a bond. Yeah, she leaks, needs more attention cuz she's a bit older and sometimes makes me swear under my breath (even quite loud at times) but hell, so does my wife and I am not getting rid of her anytime soon.
1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
letank wrote:

You can't do that though. Then you would have to live with watching a bro-dozer version of your Jeep drive by everyday. Just image, the front with an 8" lift, the rear with a 2", 15" wide wheels, and no less than 8 shocks per axle ;)
i wouldnt see it, i dont go onto that side of my yard very often.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

I didn't know that was the current pejorative for those. Thanks, now I know how to properly refer to them!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

REDONE wrote:I didn't know that was the current pejorative for those. Thanks, now I know how to properly refer to them!
People always get a kick out of hearing that. Lol.

All these damn super lifted 3/4 ton Diesels that never tow or see dirt other than to get their dirt bikes to the edge of the pavement....