89-91 overhead console blocking rear view mirror ?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

89-91 overhead console blocking rear view mirror ?

Post by candymancan »

Question.. My 90 had no headliner and no console when i bought it. Found an 82 cleaned its warped headliner and put vinyl nn it put in the warped headliner in.. and ive been satisfied for a year. But i got a 90s headliner and overhead console that works.. Flat straight not warped headliner.. I redid it in vinyl and lools amazing. even added a keyless system for my door locks in place of the old one.

However i noticed the rear view mirror the top is blocked a little by the overhead console.. Meaning i can see the consoles front reflection in the mirror and it blocks me from seeing parts of the road behind me.. Not a lot but it is there.

Is this normal for the consoles on the 89-91s ? I do have an auto dimming mirror i installed so i dunno if the mirror is too high up maybe ? Ill try to find my old mirror but i thought id ask in the meantime.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

FSJ Guy

Re: 89-91 overhead console blocking rear view mirror ?

Post by FSJ Guy »

FSJ's never came with an auto dimming mirror, so the mirror may not be in the stock location.

But it also wouldn't surprise me that Chrysler didn't care that the console blocked part of the OE rear view mirror. LOL!!
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
candymancan

Re: 89-91 overhead console blocking rear view mirror ?

Post by candymancan »

I coulda sworn it was blocked with old nirror because i only recently added this mirror way before i got this console. I think i remember my old console blocking part of mirror.. Oh well its fixed now.. just had to break ny glass to fix it lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)