fog lights

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Saul32

fog lights

Post by Saul32 »

So my fog lights haven't been working for a few months now.. I checked fuses and connections today. Every fuse was good. Removed the switch and found that only one wire was attached to the switch. No other wires near it. Is that the way its supposed to be? Or did my mechanic do some shady wiring a few months back when he "fixed* my wipers? The switch has 3 prongs and that why it seemed weird that only 1wire was connected.
My cruise control is also not working and I had asked him to fix that when he fixed the wipers.... what do i need to check?
88' Grand Wagoneer
Comp cam 260
Holley T/A
Edlebrock performer intake
Flow Master Super 40

Topic author
Saul32

Re: fog lights

Post by Saul32 »

Anyone know? I'm hoping maybe the switch is bad.
I was able to check the bulb in one of the fog lamps and it was good. The 2nd one I couldn't check because the screw is stripped badly.
I just want to know if its supposed to have more wires connected to the switch or which prong the 1 wire is supposed to be connected to. Currently its connected to the bottom prong and the bulb for the switch doesn't go on either. I remember it used to when my fog lights worked
88' Grand Wagoneer
Comp cam 260
Holley T/A
Edlebrock performer intake
Flow Master Super 40

pyro

Post by pyro »

there has to be an inlet and outlet at a minimum. normally there is an illumination wire too. honestly you would be better off going with an aftermarket harness and running a new switch
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

There is a relay on the left fender well you should check out. The factory fog lights only work with headlights on in low beam too.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac