Monstaliner

Post by musicmaster »

Has anybody used monstaliner? Pics and info please

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Monstaliner

Post by rocklaurence »

I used 2 gallons on my shop truck. I tried spraying it but had better luck using the Rollers. IMO, its the best DIY bed liner. I've used a lot of LinExtreme and Herculiner and Monster is the thickest/most durable.

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Lots of Landcruiser folks use Monstaliner to fill on the holes where the fender flares go. Everyone seems to have a good impression of the product.

Interior job of a Jeep:

Exterior job on a Land Cruiser:

Just found an interior shot of a J10:

1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

Cool thanks everybody

rirealtor

Post by rirealtor »

I just finished the entire interior with monstaliner. ordered their full 2 gallon kit as it also comes with the quart of rust/chassis saver. Used that on the bare metal roof and some patch areas- honestly no rust, but more of a preventative here. Then applied 2 coats of tinted gray. I used the rollers- pretty easy to do, although the mixing took awhile, with a 3-4 step process for the color and then the activator. Overall pleased with results however one note of caution: the supplied roller which gives the texture is made of a foam material and if catches on any sharp edges, will begin to break apart, resulting in small foam pieces in the paint. In my case, they caught on the molding strip screws on the floor which I put in so paint would not clog up said holes. This resulted in a few areas with extra " texture", but wasn't too much of an issue for me. Definitely do the work in cool temps/shade as the paint will thicken as you go. I used approx. 1.5 gallons for 2 coats of all interior.
Am currently in process of hushmat as next layer before carpet goes in next week.
75 Wagoneer Alpine White fresh from the Left Coast

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

That last picture is of my J10. Couple more pictures:Image

Quite honestly it's probably the best DIY one out there. Check out jeep forum.com, vendor section. Over 1.7 million views and 13 thousand replies. Also look up on that thread the signature from the company owner. has a great deal for purchasing it. I am going to do my bed next in matching Jungle Green, and my M101A3 trailer after that in the same color.

Words to the wise. Purchase several extra rollers as they do fall apart. I used a gallon on my J10 cab and 3 rollers. The rollers are cheap. also get an extra red scotchbrite when you order. Well worth it. Awesome stuff.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

j10jim wrote:That last picture is of my J10. Couple more pictures:Image

Quite honestly it's probably the best DIY one out there. Check out jeep forum.com, vendor section. Over 1.7 million views and 13 thousand replies. Also look up on that thread the signature from the company owner. has a great deal for purchasing it. I am going to do my bed next in matching Jungle Green, and my M101A3 trailer after that in the same color.

Words to the wise. Purchase several extra rollers as they do fall apart. I used a gallon on my J10 cab and 3 rollers. The rollers are cheap. also get an extra red scotchbrite when you order. Well worth it. Awesome stuff.
Really good info here, how many gallons did it take to do the floor?

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Always double the order. I used 2 gal for the interior and 2 gal for the bed. They say 1 gallon will do a CJ or short bed--but they lie.

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

rocklaurence wrote:Always double the order. I used 2 gal for the interior and 2 gal for the bed. They say 1 gallon will do a CJ or short bed--but they lie.
Good to know thanks

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

i used 1 gallon on my Jtruck interior. Also go to home depot or lowes and get a box of disposable earplugs. Use those to cover the holes you want to keep the stuff out of. Then let it dry for a couple of days and then remove the ear plugs. I used 2 or 3 in most holes.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

j10jim wrote:i used 1 gallon on my Jtruck interior. Also go to home depot or lowes and get a box of disposable earplugs. Use those to cover the holes you want to keep the stuff out of. Then let it dry for a couple of days and then remove the ear plugs. I used 2 or 3 in most holes.
Thats a fantastic idea!

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

I refuse to buy something with a ghettohiphiphop name.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

SJTD wrote:I refuse to buy something with a ghettohiphiphop name.
I dont care what they call it, as long as it works

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Another option is Raptor liner. It's got a pretty good rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk