Jeep appreciation

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
dodgerammit

Jeep appreciation

Post by dodgerammit »

So, Wife and I hit Bonnaroo with Radio Flyer. Yes, we took it even with the heat soak issues in the fuel system. We live 3 miles away. :D

It stood out and fit right in.

Lots of comments and compliments.

The parking attendant girl oogled it. "I LOVE that thing! Love it!"

Another guy climbed from an Expedition parked ahead of us. "Man, that's a cool old Jeep!"

As we were leaving, faced with a long wait, I pulled to the end of the parking row. A man in a modern crossover did a double take, punched his wife, pointed at the Jeep, and promptly allowed us ahead of them. :-bd

Got to enjoy U2 and Red Hot Chili Peppers along with some other up and coming talent. Had to sit for 40 minutes in line leaving last night. As suspected the surging and cutting out started shortly after we hit the open road. Happy to say, we made it home.

This week, the fuel delivery system goes under the knife....
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Tatsadasayago

Re: Jeep appreciation

Post by Tatsadasayago »

The appreciation, nods and questions sometimes takes the sting out keeping these old beasts on the road.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Curly

Post by Curly »

I almost started a thread like this a few days ago. I was stopped at the local market and a guy in an LJ came over to admire the Cherokee. We wound up having a very enjoyable discussion about the FJS and Jeeps in general. Earlier in the week, I had several people honk and wave, give a thumbs up, etc. It's kind of fun getting the attention.
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

My wife took my 90 out on Friday by herself with my son and got a bunch of guys flirting with her in her travels... I have to admit my wife looks smoking hot when she's driving the jeep. I think I'll have to ban her from it now though in fear she'll trade me in for a newer model.... lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Topic author
dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

That is what I love about having a less common ride. I like rare, but rare is hard to justify. Less common can be kept up with a reasonable expense. In my stable are 64 Chevy Belair sedan, my first car from my dad. Had it for 22 years. My 00 T/A (first was a 99 that was totaled last year by a careless driver). I've owned a T/A for over 8 years now. Radio Flyer is the newest acquisition. Also have an 85 Dodge crew cab that is a long haul project. Have had it for 7 years, and it is still in pieces in the garage.

Car nuts rule!
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

will e

Post by will e »

Sometimes it gets a bit creepy. I was heading down to Tucson a couple of weeks ago and a guy came up to me at a highway rest stop. He said he liked the Jeep and used to have one but was full of wrong information. He kept talking as I started it up and started backing up. Just kinda weird.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote:Sometimes it gets a bit creepy. I was heading down to Tucson a couple of weeks ago and a guy came up to me at a highway rest stop. He said he liked the Jeep and used to have one but was full of wrong information. He kept talking as I started it up and started backing up. Just kinda weird.
Yeah, I've had a few of those. they keep going with run on sentences long after you've excused yourself for the 20th time.

The best ones are kids. I pulled into an auto parts store one day in the old T/A just after detailing it. (SLP loudmouth system on it). Parked it as a young boy about 6 years old was walking by with his dad. Standing in the checkout line behind them, he turns around and whispers "I like your car!"

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Most of my driving experience the last 22 years has included driving a FSJ daily and to work 3-5 days a week. I just don't understand the Ford 360 relationship FSJs had. They look so much like a AMC 290. :lol:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

I usually get people wanting to buy it.. and thrn i sometimes get people who want one so bad because there parents or family member had one growing up. Then i always get the kids who love it.. I once had this like 7 year old kid come up to it and start knocking on the woodpanels to see if it was real and thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

The other day had another kid yell to his mom.. omg mom look it must be some car from the 90s he said..

Lol ok i feel old when he said that because im only 30 and cars from the 90s didnt look like this.. despite mine being a 90.. id guess it was from the 70s...

Never had a girl like it before cept once.. some hot chick in a patking lot was going nuts over it because she grew up with one.. but most millenials.. in their 20s and early 30s think its ugly as hell and its actually negative towards me when it comes to dating lol.. sometimes i cant stand millenials.. have no taste in vehicles bunch of hipster tree huggers
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

44bz

Jeep appreciation

Post by 44bz »

A couple weeks ago I took the jtruck down to Home Depot and noticed about a dozen JKs (lifted and covered with bolt on junk) all parked together. I was curious so I parked in the middle of them. As soon as I shut it down and hopped out the compliments started coming and they wanted pictures of my jeep. Turns out they were participating in a parade. It was kinda funny but the fsj definitely got the respect it deserves from the jeep community that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

SparkyB

Post by SparkyB »

We got a lot of thumbs up last year doing the Alpine loop in the Wagoneer and CJ5. Mostly JKs and some Tacomas up there at the time. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

will e

Post by will e »

44bz wrote:A couple weeks ago I took the jtruck down to Home Depot and noticed about a dozen JKs (lifted and covered with bolt on junk) all parked together. I was curious so I parked in the middle of them. As soon as I shut it down and hopped out the compliments started coming and they wanted pictures of my jeep. Turns out they were participating in a parade. It was kinda funny but the fsj definitely got the respect it deserves from the jeep community that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a few local jeep clubs here in AZ. Anytime I show up to a run or a meet and greet the Cherokee gets a lot of positive attention from the newer Jeep Owners. A lot of people like Old School.

SparkyB wrote:We got a lot of thumbs up last year doing the Alpine loop in the Wagoneer and CJ5. Mostly JKs and some Tacomas up there at the time. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's great pic! One of the fun parts about the Ouray Invastion is tooling around with other old iron.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

SparkyB

Post by SparkyB »

will e wrote:
44bz wrote:

That's great pic! One of the fun parts about the Ouray Invastion is tooling around with other old iron.
I think my instagram caption was something about cruising in Jeeps that weren't cladded in plastic. I need/want to take my wife's lifted Eagle out there. I can't believe the attention it gets from everyone.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Rod2

Post by Rod2 »

I was parking at Home Depot while a mother and three small ones were walking by; the oldest, probably 8 or 9, said, "Mom, look at the monster truck!" WooHoo!
'73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn lock-o-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, tilt column from '77 Firebird, 12000 MileMarker on cradle, hitch receiver on both ends

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

I get compliments on mine a lot. Even with the paint job. I love my Jeep :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

rapom

Post by rapom »

Went to the ZipTie drags put on by Hot Rod Mag. which includes a lot of Roadkill fans in Norwalk Ohio. Took my 64 Riviera and wifes 79 Chief which are both rough around the edges, and for every person that looked at the riv. the chief got 2.

Never before have I've been to a car show that had so many like minded people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Got a few compliments at Big O while waiting, today. And another from an acquaintance while driving around, afterward. For as many as there are in the area, I may be the only one crazy (dumb) enough to drive mine every day.
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Ok something unexpected happened to me tonight... I was getting some Beer at 11 before alcohol sales stop at midnight.. And as i parked i heard two guy talking about my Jeep except the guy was saying OMG duuuude i love Bronco's they are my favorite car ever.. And that one looks badass..

I got out and went into the store and i looked at the guy confused and said are you calling my Jeep a bronco ? He goes silent and says BEEP. It looked like a bronco.. and i was like ok.. lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Once had a kid at the AT&T store ask me if my J10 was a bronco. Several that just don't have a clue what they are, at all, anymore. :(

Ran into a guy at Home Depot, yesterday, that used to hang out with the PO who had the 401 rebuilt. I now know that the machine work was done by one of the only trusted guys in town but, was assembled by the PO. Who, apparently was a beer or two shy of a full case. He also said he may have a line on a WT front clip for my other truck!
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

One time we were wheeling and came across a group of jeepers and they practically mobbed us lol. I think they were more excited about our FSJs than anyone here :)

We stopped and talked for and did show and tell for quite awhile. It was very cool :) We didn't used to get that much love. Lots more of that in the last few years.

When I go anywhere with Scott and his super chief it gets all the attention (rightly so) :D It is fun to ride in with all the people double taking and thumbs-upping :)

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!