I'm tired...

Area for General FSJ related chat.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: I'm tired...

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

candymancan wrote:Shouldnt be a problem with a cutting disk. Im more worried about welding there with all thr oil everywhere. But ill clean it off wipe it diwn and maybe put a metal sheild there.

Found another issue i think my cat is bad.. engines making weird noises at higher rpm like 3krpm if i rev it when driving.. i go down there cant find anything wrong and i kick the muffler and the cat rattles pretty badly keep kicking it and cat rattles.. uhg.

Deff not buying a 600$ catalytic convertor.. i need the cat on for safety inspection ( dont need emissions in va) so maybe i can gut the cat and just leave its shell on ? Lol
Go to Performance Curve .com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

For rusty bolts you might try Kroil. I have only used it a couple of times but with jaw dropping results. Frozen bolts that, after spraying come out with ease. PBster is a sad joke by comparison.

Saw a lot of advice online about it after I snapped some manifold bolts. They have a "Google deal" on their website for two cans for aerokroil (aerosol) for better price than anything else I could find.

I am planning to replace a couple exhaust manifold bolts soon to hopefully help fix an annoying exhaust leak so I am curious to see what it'll do there. Probably more magic.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

PS: I got my cat for well under $100. Check Amazon and Rock Auto for Walker oem replacement (non-CA is cheaper). Mine is 2.5 inlet/outlet but 3" isn't that much more expensive. Mine has the air tube.

360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

So what can you do when you install the bolts to make it easier to take them off later?
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

tedlovesjeeps71

For most applications I use the silver anti-seize. For exhaust or higher heat areas I use the copper version.

az chip

Post by az chip »

For rusty bolts you might try Kroil. I have only used it a couple of times but with jaw dropping results. Frozen bolts that, after spraying come out with ease. PBster is a sad joke by comparison.
Preach it brother. I have used it for 20+ years. Can't beat it and it smells good to!
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

az chip wrote:
Preach it brother. I have used it for 20+ years. Can't beat it and it smells good to!
Have a can in my toolbox as well :-bd
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Meh, 50/50 acetone&ATF works just as well. A torch and beeswax toilet ring works even better if you can throw some heat at it without jacking up paint or plastic in the area. W4-dirty is good for everything; cutting lube, rust protection, sticker removal, etc etc. If I only had one can of stuff, that's what it'd be (and what I carry in my Jeeps). I think we can all agree that PB Blaster is over rated. I can't think of anything on this shelf that doesn't dissolve styrofoam, so that's a dumb sales gimmick. I don't expect anyone to agree with me on this, but I'm of the mind that the best bolt remover is elbow grease Whiskey! The less you feel your knuckles, the harder you'll push the breaker bar! :-bd

EDIT>>> Since this whole thread started off in the weeds and now we're really lost in the Land of Off-Topic, here's a "lube" related story clarifying some of the uses for "gun oil", brought to you by walmart.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wal ... dd7ea5381d
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Lol. It's all good. Whatever you have handy. As a jet mechanic I have too many scars on my knuckles as it is. Nowadays I spray and wait. No need to hurry on the Jeep. It's for fun not for work.

'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Seems like cars demand a blood sacrifice now and again :D

I always find there is one or two really easy ways to do things and a lot of hard ways to do the same or frustrate yourself trying. I am kind of lazy so if things aren't easy I ponder before proceeding. I also seem to find taking shortcuts isn't the easy way. Like with this stupid exhaust leak...

Wait what were we talking about again?

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

We're talking about how my jeep sucks because its a constant headache and will never be half as good as a 1994 tacoma.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

tedlovesjeeps71

Or a Prius. But I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

do they make a 4x4 prius? then no.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

tedlovesjeeps71

Sorta a Prius-ish? Haha

memo43

Post by memo43 »

But they can go for ever one 1 stop to the gas station.
I seen this one at the local parts store
US Marine
79 Jeep Cherokee
360/TH400/Full time TC
Dolphin gauges
GM style HEI
Power windows
Serehill tailgate and headlight harness

"My jeep has no manners it
marks every parking spot"

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

tedlovesjeeps71

Having done that in real life (though not to a Prius), it's actually rather anticlimactic.
I was afraid they were gonna crush the gremlin!

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:We're talking about how my jeep sucks because its a constant headache and will never be half as good as a 1994 tacoma.
But it looks way better than a 1994 Tacoma...... :D

If a Tacoma should break down on the trail you would be stuck, you wouldn't know where to start. The Jeep you have to fix every day. Practice for a trail breakdown. Marines train everyday to win, if they didn't they would loose. :-bd
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

SparkyB

Post by SparkyB »

I've never even seen a 1994 Tacoma

az chip

Post by az chip »

SparkyB wrote:I've never even seen a 1994 Tacoma
You wouldn't want to.