New Cherokee Chief WT owner, first post.

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
MischenFSJ

New Cherokee Chief WT owner, first post.

Post by MischenFSJ »

I just picked up a '77 Cherokee Chief S WT. It had the Levi interior, until a P.O. removed the back seat, buddy seat, and some of the paneling... The plan is to get it back to the street as-is for a while and slowly fix the interior and potentially paint. Very pleased to have this is my next project as the last one ('70 Charger) is winding down. I picked "Levi" up from Northern Iowa where he hadn't left the property for quite some time. An electric fuel pump, a few fuses, lightbulbs, fluids, etc and I drove it 120 miles home and it ran and drove surprisingly well.

REDONE

Re: New Cherokee Chief WT owner, first post.

Post by REDONE »

Nice!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Good luck! And drove it in Northern Iowa the first trip to get it home?! Wow. Hope you had a support vehicle!
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

toothofwar

Post by toothofwar »

Very nice find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Topic author
MischenFSJ

Post by MischenFSJ »

Thanks! I had a family member come with me to check it out and we brought plenty of tools and supplies. I was intent on driving it home, probably so it would go over better with the better half... it's easier to tell her it's a good buy when you can drive it home.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Welcome to the madness and congrats on your Jeep! It's always best if you can drive it home. Stick to the plan. :-bd
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

superdave

Post by superdave »

Sharp Jeep! I drove mine home on a hope and prayer too. I just saw a rusted Chief with a tan Levi interior on the Chicago craigslist if you're looking for seats.
Dave Knoerzer
1977 Wagoneer 360/400/QT stock as far as I can tell

will e

Post by will e »

Looks like a solid start! Welcome. You'll find a lot of friendly folks and good info here.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
MischenFSJ

Post by MischenFSJ »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here and getting my Chief road worthy and eventually get it all fixed up.

Thanks for the heads up on the Levi interior. I'll have to pass for now as the wife has a few house projects she wants done.

fsj454

Post by fsj454 »

HI AND WECOME. I have beat to death many Cherokee Ss . This one got my ATTENTION . If I can help and contribute to this project in any way please ask FSJ454.
:fsj:454.nv4500.205.twin stick.hydo boost. hydrolic clutch.dana 60s.soa.37s 17inch.tration bar.warn 1200. 4 wheel disc.aero29 gallon .conferr roof rack.spal pulse width modulation.spal duel fans.painless battery isolator.duel batterys.factory cb. headers 2 1/2 duels.4.56 Detroit locker.alloy 35 spline axles.stainless brake lines .holley 770.edelbrock.fuel.water.intake.H4s.head light relays.racho 9000 shocks.rock ram.steering box brace.j20 steering box.msd8265 probillet distributor.msd super conductor wires.