Jeep Gods protection....

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Jeep Gods protection....

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

So today I was taking the waggy out to storage. Wife was following in her car. Just as we leave,About two miles from home, I crest a hill and see some guy chasing his escaped dog across the road. Not wanting to hit dog or owner I tap the brakes and slow down. Wife sees all and does the same. Car behind her (car 3) follows suit and slows to an almost stop several car lengths behind my wife.
Car behind her was speeding and either distracted or just slow reacting and slammed into car 3. Car 3 is launched into the wife's car giving me just enough warning to speed up a bit.
Thankfully nobody was seriously injured. Guy in the "fault" car had some lacerations to his hand from his airbag. I pulled out my first aid kit and wrapped him up until the FD/medics arrived.
Here's the weird thing. I was taking Walter to storage so I can bring the XJ back and get it ready to sell. There was literally No reason my wife was following me out there. As we were sitting in the car filling out the police report we got to thinking about it. Why was she behind me going someplace for no reason?
Jeep gods looking out and keeping the waggy safe I guess?
Wife is sore and only has minor bumper damage. Car that hit her bore most of the brunt. I'm just thankful nobody got hurt seriously. I'll try again tomorrow to make a run to storage.

As for the dog.... No idea if the guy ever caught it.

Interesting that my wife's license plate was imprinted in the car that hit her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tatsadasayago

Re: Jeep Gods protection....

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I'm glad neither of you nor Walter were hurt.
There has been an ongoing issue with the forums for some time. You click SUBMIT and nothing happens. Sometimes the delay is short, other times it takes minutes for your post to appear. I suggest that once you click SUMBIT, click elsewhere, such as Unread Posts and you will see that your comment has in fact posted.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

derf

Post by derf »

Glad no one was seriously hurt. If you need a hand with anything, give me a shout.

The license plate thing is intentional. It's to leave evidence behind in the case of hit-and-run.

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Good thing nobody hit the Jeep too!
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Glad you were all safe!

The insurance will total your wifes car sadly (The c-pillar was crunched). If you have to deal with their insurance instead of yours, don't let them try to give you less than your car is worth.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

az chip

Post by az chip »

Dang! It was all for the dog.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

bigun

Post by bigun »

The Explorer goes into the body shop on Monday. We have a similar blind turn off to go to the house, I always turn on my turn signal just before the top of the hill to let anyone behind me know that I will be making a right turn.About 4 weeks ago we were coming out of town and there was a white car behind us, normally when someone is behind me as I am turning I keep an eye on them, but this time there was a tire, and wheel laying between the stop sign and the neighbors fence that caught my eye next thing I knew there was a boom the car seat slammed into my back, and head, and we went sideways. The lady who hit us admitted she wasn't paying attention destroyed her 2007 Malibu, the tailgate and bumper cover are going to have to be replaced on the 2007 Explorer! Lets here it for body on frame construction!

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Glad it wasn't worse! :fsj:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

I am glad you are all okay. We all make mistakes but I wish folks would pay more attention when they drive.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

letank

Post by letank »

Aaaack, what a story. Glad to read that everyone is safe, the crumple zone(s) did its (their) job.

Animals and cars are always a bad story for either party. Appreciated anti-lock brakes a few years ago when deer #1 appeared on the highway, I knew that #2 was close by...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Thanks for all the well-wishing everybody.

Stuka wrote:Glad you were all safe!

The insurance will total your wifes car sadly (The c-pillar was crunched). If you have to deal with their insurance instead of yours, don't let them try to give you less than your car is worth.
My wife's car is the silver haundai. Virtually zero damage because the red car bore the brunt and the wife was smart enough to try and accelerate before impact.

Wife's car damage:
ImageImage

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Ahh ok. Although under that plastic bumper will be pretty smashed, nothing like the red car!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:Ahh ok. Although under that plastic bumper will be pretty smashed, nothing like the red car!
Yeah, new cars do a good job of crumpling and sacrificing themselves. Unfortunately that means more cost in repairs and higher chance of being totalled.
The young girl in the red car did a good job of trying to stop but the black.car guy simply hit her too hard. His car is probably totalled. Hers is probably going to be as well due to cost vs value.
Wife's car should be fixed without too much hassle. Thankfully it didn't get into the rear hatch or break any plastic lighting.

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

glad no one was hurt...freaky though how the License plate left that impression...
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"