Wtb blown atv motor

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
toothofwar

Wtb blown atv motor

Post by toothofwar »

I have an unusual project going on with my son and we are in need of a blown atv motor.

We have rebuilt a yerfdog go kart over the winter. Needless to say we cant leave anything stock once we get our hands on it. So instead of the standard 6.5 hp motor that was on it, we dropped a 420cc predator motor in it. It's got yfz 450 r shocks all the way around, new tires, and racing bucket seats on order. The problem we have ran into is every centrifugal clutch and torque converter we have found wont last more than 10 minutes.

While doing some research on what can hold the power and still have any top end, I found a YouTube video of a guy who took a bad Chinese atv motor and gutted the motor components and swapped the crank with just a straight keyed 1" shaft. Ultimately creating a universal transformation having 4 forward gears, reverse, and a clutch!

So I am looking to make a 3 peddle go kart with reverse. The problem I'm running into is finding a sonar quad that dont run but has a good case. I would love to find a 350 warrior, but anything similar would work. If anyone has any leads to one the beer would definitely be on me! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk