FSJN

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Astro

FSJN

Post by Astro »

I’m new here and to FSJs, and I just want to say this is the first forum I’ve seen (for any vehicle) that isn’t full of nonsense posts and people trolling others about their questions or threads. It’s quite refreshing to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cecil14

Re: FSJN

Post by Cecil14 »

You're going to love it here, great place and greater people. Enjoy the ride!

aa
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

will e

Post by will e »

It's a great board because of the great people. Even better in person! Look for the various gatherings like Ouray and East Coast Invasion. It's a great way to meet lots of folks and see a lot of FSJ's in one spot.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Astro

Post by Astro »

will e wrote:It's a great board because of the great people. Even better in person! Look for the various gatherings like Ouray and East Coast Invasion. It's a great way to meet lots of folks and see a lot of FSJ's in one spot.
I would love to make the trip to Ouray but there’s no way I’ll have the waggy don’t in time. I’m still a couple weeks away from picking it up.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Astro wrote:
will e wrote:It's a great board because of the great people. Even better in person! Look for the various gatherings like Ouray and East Coast Invasion. It's a great way to meet lots of folks and see a lot of FSJ's in one spot.
I would love to make the trip to Ouray but there’s no way I’ll have the waggy don’t in time. I’m still a couple weeks away from picking it up.

Ouray is a goal for me as well. My Waggy is in pretty dang good shape now, but still the drive would be long and tiring. Not to mention the time off needed from work. I wouldn't want to just drive out, stay there, then come right back. I'd make several stops each way of the trip to stretch for a day and check out the sights.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
Astro

Post by Astro »

dodgerammit wrote:
Astro wrote:

Ouray is a goal for me as well. My Waggy is in pretty dang good shape now, but still the drive would be long and tiring. Not to mention the time off needed from work. I wouldn't want to just drive out, stay there, then come right back. I'd make several stops each way of the trip to stretch for a day and check out the sights.
That’s exactly what I would like to do. I’m in MN so there’s plenty of travel time for stops. It’s not a problem for me to take two weeks or so off from work so it’s just a matter of getting the waggy ready and at a point I would trust it to make it there and back.

derf

Post by derf »

Don't let a lack of a running FSJ keep you from Ouray. I've been going for years and still haven't managed to have my FSJ running for any of my trips. And it's looking like it'll be another 2 years before I can have my truck up and running well enough to make it.

If you don't have any other 4x4, you can always find someone to ride with or even rent a Jeep when you're out there.

Topic author
Astro

Post by Astro »

derf wrote:Don't let a lack of a running FSJ keep you from Ouray. I've been going for years and still haven't managed to have my FSJ running for any of my trips. And it's looking like it'll be another 2 years before I can have my truck up and running well enough to make it.

If you don't have any other 4x4, you can always find someone to ride with or even rent a Jeep when you're out there.

I have an XJ that I DD. It’s stock but I’d trust it to make it.

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

Lots of good people here...good information too :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

derf

Post by derf »

Astro wrote:
derf wrote:Don't let a lack of a running FSJ keep you from Ouray. I've been going for years and still haven't managed to have my FSJ running for any of my trips. And it's looking like it'll be another 2 years before I can have my truck up and running well enough to make it.

You can join me in my XJ at Ouray then. :-bd

Don S

Post by Don S »

The main trick for stock FSJ's is set up for high altitude or you anin't gonna get high.
I've been over a lot of Colorado Mountain passes with a 2" lift and 31" BFG at's

It's about the FSJ people.. Don S..

Topic author
Astro

Post by Astro »

derf wrote:
Astro wrote:

You can join me in my XJ at Ouray then. :-bd
Where are you traveling from? What year is your XJ?

Topic author
Astro

Post by Astro »

Don S wrote:..

The main trick for stock FSJ's is set up for high altitude or you anin't gonna get high.
I've been over a lot of Colorado Mountain passes with a 2" lift and 31" BFG at's

It's about the FSJ people.. Don S..

Any recommended reads on the subject?

will e

Post by will e »

I didn't mean to hijack the thread with the Ouray suggestion. But since we are going down that road. Like Derf said, a FSJ is not required to join. Actually, there are few real requirements, check out the Ouray thread.

I used to drive my FSJ to Ouray but now I drag it up on a trailer. I am far enough away from stock that the rig is a bit of a handful on the road. Short trips are fine but the 500 plus miles to and from Ouray are a bit much.

And many of us hang out for longer than the 3 days. I totally agree, I am not going to drive all that way just to turn around in a couple of days! Ouray is basically my vacation trip for the year. I get to spend money on my only hobby, the jeep, and my only vacation, Ouray all at the same time. haha.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

derf

Post by derf »

Astro wrote:Where are you traveling from? What year is your XJ?

I'm in Denver now and my XJ is a 2001.