New To Forum

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
irondawg

New To Forum

Post by irondawg »

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. I have a 1978 Jeep Cherokee Chief that I'm in the process of restoring. It's a California car but has been sitting for a while in the sun so it's got a lot of dry rot to the interior and paint is completely faded. My son and I have been working on the tear down for about a month now and have from the back to the dash completely stripped to include the gas tank, drive shafts and most of the parking brake cables.

It's going to be a long process and I've been taking pictures. I'll figure out a place to host them and start a thread in the build forum.

I went to Heritage Jeeps in Columbus a couple weeks ago to get a grill, PO 'misplaced' his. I've got some good pictures of the Jeeps they were working on. The Daniel's are good folks too. Spent about 3 hours talking and looking at all the cool stuff.

Looking forward to sharing the process and meeting some of the members.

Cheers,

Irondawg
1978 Cherokee Chief WT in a thousand pieces
Previous Jeep: 2001 Grand Cherokee

Topic author
irondawg

Re: New To Forum

Post by irondawg »

Testing uploading pic

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144696311 ... res/6Nq750

I setup a Flickr account but cannot get the picture to show up. The shared link is working though...not sure if it helps. I've set permissions on the picture to public as well. Went to Share and copied the url.

Am I missing something?

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Never used Flickr, can't help there. But, nice Cherokee!
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

will e

Post by will e »

Welcome to the board! I can see your picture if I click on it. I tried the to post your picture using the usual img /img brackets and it did not work. No experience with flickr so I can't help.

Good looking rig! You will find that this is a great place to share your progress and get lots of useful advice and support. :fsj:
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Flickr has a "share" link that you need to use when posting on other sites. It looks like an arrow curving to the right in the lower right corner. That will give you the BBCode and all to link to here:

2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
irondawg

Post by irondawg »

Okay...looks like I got things working with smugmug.

Topic author
irondawg

Post by irondawg »

Sorry for the shadows. You'll see that I'm getting better as I move on.

The PO 'lost' the grill, lights, and buckets.

This is the worst of the rust. I had my body shop guy come out and take a look at the jeep. Said no problem to fix. And I've seen the work they do so I'm convinced they can take care of it. I'll get pics of the shop later.

And this is the last bit of damage. The rest of the jeep looks good.

This is what I found once I got the gate down.

The PO tore the interior up pretty good.

Topic author
irondawg

Post by irondawg »

Few more before the tear down started.

Lot more to come.

fsj454

Post by fsj454 »

Nice. I would like to follow your build and help if I can . What state are you in TY
:fsj:454.nv4500.205.twin stick.hydo boost. hydrolic clutch.dana 60s.soa.37s 17inch.tration bar.warn 1200. 4 wheel disc.aero29 gallon .conferr roof rack.spal pulse width modulation.spal duel fans.painless battery isolator.duel batterys.factory cb. headers 2 1/2 duels.4.56 Detroit locker.alloy 35 spline axles.stainless brake lines .holley 770.edelbrock.fuel.water.intake.H4s.head light relays.racho 9000 shocks.rock ram.steering box brace.j20 steering box.msd8265 probillet distributor.msd super conductor wires.

Topic author
irondawg

Post by irondawg »

I'm near Austin TX. I'll update my signature.

It's going to be a long build process. I'm actually further along than what pictures I've shared. I'm heading off to Big Bend for some dirt bike riding this weekend, when I get back I'll start the build thread.

Thanks for the support!!