Jeep auctioned...

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Jeep auctioned...

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Because I thought this was pretty cool and worth sharing...

Gary Sinise raised $1.3 million for veterans and first responders with an old Jeep

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/gary-sinis ... n-old-jeep

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Jeep auctioned...

Post by Stuka »

Anything with Richard Rawlings name in it is normally crap. But great to see the money go to a good place.

There was a lot of donation money generated this weekend at the auction.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:Anything with Richard Rawlings name in it is normally crap. But great to see the money go to a good place.

There was a lot of donation money generated this weekend at the auction.
I agree about Rawlings. I tried watching his shows (Gas monkey, the offshoot, and the rehab one). He just strikes me as a first class jerk.
Gary Sinese, on the other hand, is awesome. For someone who never served he has done so much for veterans it's amazing. I'm glad this raised so much money and believe the funds will actually go to good use. The fact it was a CJ that reminded me of the old Evil Kinevil toys was a bonus. ImageImageImage

htfiremedic

Post by htfiremedic »

Did you sell your Baby ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

htfiremedic wrote:Did you sell your Baby ?

Nope and it's been a rough week. Suburban died on the way home from work on the night of the 15th. Had to have it towed home. Forced to drive "baby" to work despite the carb being in dire need of a rebuild. Managed to get the halfcab on without the window, the bulkhead installed, and the Bluetooth receiver working to power the tunes. Then a blizzard blue in. Had to drive baby to the airforce academy to pick up the wife's prescriptions. Ran out of gas and had to hoof it in Gale force winds and icy snow. Thankfully a keeper stopped and gave me a lift.
Had to order a rebuild kit for the carb but still pushed my luck just to get to work. This morning that luck ran out. Power valve in the carb died this morning at 0500 in 23* weather. Had the same wrecker company come and roll out the hook. Another breakdown, another wasted chunk of $. And since I have work tomorrow and army this weekend, I had to go to the wife's Waggy. We drove out to storage tonight with a spare battery and I spent an hour digging it out of ice crusted snow drifts just to get to the hood and doors. As I opened the hood I discovered there was an engine bay FULL of snow!Image not sure how that much blew in there but it was too cold and dark to care. Put in the battery, turned the key, and Varooom. Walter comes to life. First bit of good luck I’ve had in a while. Took some rocking to get it to break free from where it’s been sitting and then had to blast through the 2 1/2 foot tall icy drift. But I made it and it ran ok all the way home. Gonna crash for tonight and try not to think about stuff.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Ouch, that is rough. Hope you can get things fixed up and working!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:Ouch, that is rough. Hope you can get things fixed up and working!
Thanks a bunch. It’s mostly frustrating because I need something reliable for work. But, if I pick up a car note then we won’t be getting out of this apartment into a house. I can’t live here much longer because all the pot smokers and jerks that live around here are getting worse.
But I obviously can’t keep hoping I’ll make it to work... conundrum.
And while the Waggy did ok going in this morning, when I went to leave I noticed another, much larger crack has formed in the windshield. First was vertical about 6” in from the drivers A pillar. It’s about 6-8” long and starts at the bottom.
The new one comes from up from the bottom about 2”s, then heads towards the passenger side about a foot before heading back to the bottom again. There’s about 6”s between the two so I don’t see how they share the same source. No impact marks from hail or anything so I’m at a loss what caused them.
Also, while it drove ok this morning, coming home it was back to running weird. Low power, sort of a dieseling noise under heavy acceleration. Just weird.

htfiremedic

Post by htfiremedic »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Thanks a bunch. It’s mostly frustrating because I need something reliable for work.
I can help you out if I need to. I can provide a comfortable, moderately warm, and loving home for your wayward errant Jeeps.....
Holler at me when you get a few, I’m off today and work the weekend. Who am I kidding, I’m Facilities Maintenance, I show up for work on the weekends, get paid, and try to do nothing. Just call anytime!