BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.
User avatar
az chip
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby az chip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Ted,

Well? We're waiting...
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/ H4 Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Ok... I have to vent so my apologies if I use some potty language.

For those who don't know, I've been very unemployed for quite a while. Back in May or June of last year (iirc) I had applied and interviewed for a "dream job" for me. A position opened up on Ft Carson at their DIY auto skills shop. I know the shop manager and we had a great interview. I was pretty sure I was a shoe in but it's technically a government job so there are no guarantees. The day following the interview I sent out thank you emails to the manager and the HR lady for my interview time and consideration. About a week later the HR lady calls and says something was done incorrectly at the interview and some steps were missed. Ok, the shop manager isn't HR so I can understand how we missed something. I asked what I could do on my end to fix it and she said she would look into it. After a week I call to ask for an update. Nothing yet, give me more time and I will call you. 2 more weeks and I hear nothing so I call again. I am told to check the USAjobs website for an update. I do and it shows me as "not selected". I call back and am told that the manager didn't select me. I found that hard to believe but with a government job it's not uncommon. It's often the case that a manager already knows who they will hire ahead of time but the "game" must get played" before the position is filled. All I could do was shrug and look for work elsewhere.
I ended up taking a job at a local off-road shop. That turned into a disaster as the owner had gone down the bad road of poor business practices and bills, including paychecks, were hot or miss if they got paid. I tried to stick it out and help him turn things around but when all the other techs left and it was just the two of us, it was a sinking ship. Unfortunately, the boss let his demons and the stress get the better of him and tried to kill himself. Thankfully he got help before going through with it but it left him in a VA hospital and his wife asked me to help close the shop. I worked all through April, unpaid, trying to help get this guy's stuff put in storage, customers their vehicles/parts returned, and dealing with any other issues including a bastard landlord trying to steal the shops equipment to cover his losses. It was a nightmare to say the least but at least I did the best I could and my conscience is clear.
So unemployed but with still having bills to pay I was left with my money from school (GI Bill) to use for rent and the wife's paycheck for everything else. As things got tighter and tighter I ended up selling my XJ. That money bought us some more time and my efforts to find another job continued.
A couple months aof I got told about a new position on Ft Carson working for ECS. They are a civilian branch of the Army reserves who perform vehicle maintenance on units equipment. Ok, sign me up! Well, part of their requirements is that I must maintain my reserve status. Ok, no biggie. The only issue is I can't drop my retirement packet and have to keep playing GI Joe. I'm fine with that. But here's the frustrating part. You'd think that since the job requires current, qualified participation in the reserves that most of the hiring efforts would already be met. I have a yearly physical, PT test, random and often drug testing, etc. The process should be stupid-easy to hire someone, right?
Apparently not. Add to it that my HR caseworker is "new" and doesn't fully understand her job, and I am now in month two of trying to get hired. I've submitted a stack of papers and documentation, done hours of online forms. Taken my CDL physical. Etc. I'm a very proactive person in this and have tried to be very patient as I understand I am not the only case this lady is working on.
So as of today I am wanting on two things that I know of:
Her to request a physical on ft Carson for me and her to make my schedule. Both things are not within my scope to effect (I've tried) so it's all up to her. I try and call and email her to speed things along but to no avail. I've given her the phone number of who to contact to schedule my physical but it hasn't sped things up. At this point I'm literally stuck waiting for her to do her damn job so I can get back to work.
So what, deal with it, right? It's the gubmint, things always move slow. Yeah, yeah, I get all that.
So check this out.... Earlier today my phone rings with an Augusta GA number I don't recognize. It turns out to be the ft Carson shop manager who I had interviewed with. He asks if I was still interested in a part time job? We talk and he remembers who I am finally and we get to discussing whatever happened to the last, full time job I had applied for. Turns out he had already decided that he wanted to hire ME. But somehow the HR lady failed to put my name on the list of potential hires and he could only choose someone else. Proof that the "process" is flawed and when people don't do what they say they will or are inept at their jobs, it has repurcussions.
So here I am... Trying to be patient in one hiring process and getting informed that much of the last one was completely fubar. I could have been well on my way working happily at my dream job had HR people done theirs correctly. I'd still have my XJ, we wouldn't be eating ramen noodles, bills would not be a cause for elevated stress, and life would be fine. As it is, I'm still unemployed and dealing with an unmotivated and likely unskilled HR person when I should long since have been turning wrenches and bringing in a paycheck. I'm trying my best to remain positive and deal with the headaches. I know things will eventually work out as they always do. But sometimes you just want to scream and cus. Now is one of those times.
I'll post more when I know more so for now...
Fingers crossed and tongue well chewed on!

htfiremedic
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 am

BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby htfiremedic » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Hey bruddah, all is good and dry this week. Call you later if I can. If not Sat or Sun?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
ImageImageImage
Met some
LA Task Force 1 guys and the fed us Gumbo. Lol

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 pm

htfiremedic wrote:Hey bruddah, all is good and dry this week. Call you later if I can. If not Sat or Sun?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
ImageImageImage
Met some
LA Task Force 1 guys and the fed us Gumbo. Lol


Glad you guys are safe and well fed brotha. I took a ride in the Scrambler (no top or doors) to storage to show the Cherokee. Not sure if the guy is interested or not but the drive did me good.

User avatar
az chip
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby az chip » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:44 am

Wow. Just wow. Dang Ted. Keep at it. Hope it breaks open soon.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/ H4 Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

User avatar
fulsizjeep
Moderator
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 am
Location: Mancos Valley, CO
Contact:

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby fulsizjeep » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Dang Ted. That is some story. I hope it turns around soon for you.

I worked almost 17 years for the National Park Service which is under Dept of Interior. During that time, DOI HR regulations and practices changed a lot and became quite frustrating for HR staff and those who were hiring. So much so that seasoned HR specialists were leaving the service at a fairly high rate the last few years I was employed. What does that leave department employees to deal with? A lot of new HR people (though some jobs were not refilled), some of whom are low skilled for the task. It is not as easy as it used to be to have your desired selection picked before the position closes on USA Jobs. It is illegal as hell and still happens though.
Sent from my IBM 5150 using TN5250 emulation.

Flint Boardman ~ http://jubileejeeps.org
Embracing the Borg Warner QuadraTrac since 1980 http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s, a few Evil Twin mods, http://eviltwinfab.com and a few TT's Fabworks mods, http://www.ttsfabworks.com
76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20

htfiremedic
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 am

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby htfiremedic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Brother glad the air cleared the head!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Thanks guys.
It's just a waiting game but so very frustrating.
Finding out I missed a good job because of some paper shufflers mistake pisses me off but there isn't anything to be benefited by dwelling on it.
Come Monday I will be 6 ways up the current jobs HR ladys ass and insist I get a start date of no later than the first. If she doesn't think she can handle that I'll look for her supervisor. I'm done playing games and being patient.
If they can't get me on board by the first I guess I'll go pimp myself out on the street corner or be a day laborer ok n the home Depot parking lot. Can't squeeze out another month without money coming in as we've exhausted all viable options.
What sucks is we are getting closer to the end of our lease we really don't want to stay here. Our goal was a year before looking for a house. We are now almost to the end of year 3. This apartment complex has gone to hell with druggies, car break-ins, and rude neighbors. It's time to go. But without a steady job I will have zero chance to get a home loan.
Hopefully things get on track soon...

User avatar
Nikkormat
Posts: 3545
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:45 pm
Location: Missoula Montana

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby Nikkormat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:09 am

To quote Uncle Red of the Red Green Show "Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together."

You'll get something, if anything you are one determined MOFO! Hang in there Ted.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

User avatar
Nikkormat
Posts: 3545
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:45 pm
Location: Missoula Montana

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby Nikkormat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:10 am

htfiremedic wrote:Image


What the heck is that?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

User avatar
Lumpskie
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby Lumpskie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:18 am

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Ok... I have to vent so my apologies if I use some potty language.

For those who don't know, I've been very unemployed for quite a while. Back in May or June of last year (iirc) I had applied and interviewed for a "dream job" for me. A position opened up on Ft Carson at their DIY auto skills shop. I know the shop manager and we had a great interview. I was pretty sure I was a shoe in but it's technically a government job so there are no guarantees. The day following the interview I sent out thank you emails to the manager and the HR lady for my interview time and consideration. About a week later the HR lady calls and says something was done incorrectly at the interview and some steps were missed. Ok, the shop manager isn't HR so I can understand how we missed something. I asked what I could do on my end to fix it and she said she would look into it. After a week I call to ask for an update. Nothing yet, give me more time and I will call you. 2 more weeks and I hear nothing so I call again. I am told to check the USAjobs website for an update. I do and it shows me as "not selected". I call back and am told that the manager didn't select me. I found that hard to believe but with a government job it's not uncommon. It's often the case that a manager already knows who they will hire ahead of time but the "game" must get played" before the position is filled. All I could do was shrug and look for work elsewhere.
I ended up taking a job at a local off-road shop. That turned into a disaster as the owner had gone down the bad road of poor business practices and bills, including paychecks, were hot or miss if they got paid. I tried to stick it out and help him turn things around but when all the other techs left and it was just the two of us, it was a sinking ship. Unfortunately, the boss let his demons and the stress get the better of him and tried to kill himself. Thankfully he got help before going through with it but it left him in a VA hospital and his wife asked me to help close the shop. I worked all through April, unpaid, trying to help get this guy's stuff put in storage, customers their vehicles/parts returned, and dealing with any other issues including a bastard landlord trying to steal the shops equipment to cover his losses. It was a nightmare to say the least but at least I did the best I could and my conscience is clear.
So unemployed but with still having bills to pay I was left with my money from school (GI Bill) to use for rent and the wife's paycheck for everything else. As things got tighter and tighter I ended up selling my XJ. That money bought us some more time and my efforts to find another job continued.
A couple months aof I got told about a new position on Ft Carson working for ECS. They are a civilian branch of the Army reserves who perform vehicle maintenance on units equipment. Ok, sign me up! Well, part of their requirements is that I must maintain my reserve status. Ok, no biggie. The only issue is I can't drop my retirement packet and have to keep playing GI Joe. I'm fine with that. But here's the frustrating part. You'd think that since the job requires current, qualified participation in the reserves that most of the hiring efforts would already be met. I have a yearly physical, PT test, random and often drug testing, etc. The process should be stupid-easy to hire someone, right?
Apparently not. Add to it that my HR caseworker is "new" and doesn't fully understand her job, and I am now in month two of trying to get hired. I've submitted a stack of papers and documentation, done hours of online forms. Taken my CDL physical. Etc. I'm a very proactive person in this and have tried to be very patient as I understand I am not the only case this lady is working on.
So as of today I am wanting on two things that I know of:
Her to request a physical on ft Carson for me and her to make my schedule. Both things are not within my scope to effect (I've tried) so it's all up to her. I try and call and email her to speed things along but to no avail. I've given her the phone number of who to contact to schedule my physical but it hasn't sped things up. At this point I'm literally stuck waiting for her to do her damn job so I can get back to work.
So what, deal with it, right? It's the gubmint, things always move slow. Yeah, yeah, I get all that.
So check this out.... Earlier today my phone rings with an Augusta GA number I don't recognize. It turns out to be the ft Carson shop manager who I had interviewed with. He asks if I was still interested in a part time job? We talk and he remembers who I am finally and we get to discussing whatever happened to the last, full time job I had applied for. Turns out he had already decided that he wanted to hire ME. But somehow the HR lady failed to put my name on the list of potential hires and he could only choose someone else. Proof that the "process" is flawed and when people don't do what they say they will or are inept at their jobs, it has repurcussions.
So here I am... Trying to be patient in one hiring process and getting informed that much of the last one was completely fubar. I could have been well on my way working happily at my dream job had HR people done theirs correctly. I'd still have my XJ, we wouldn't be eating ramen noodles, bills would not be a cause for elevated stress, and life would be fine. As it is, I'm still unemployed and dealing with an unmotivated and likely unskilled HR person when I should long since have been turning wrenches and bringing in a paycheck. I'm trying my best to remain positive and deal with the headaches. I know things will eventually work out as they always do. But sometimes you just want to scream and cus. Now is one of those times.
I'll post more when I know more so for now...
Fingers crossed and tongue well chewed on!


I was just doing my weekly FSJ check-in and read this thread. Man, that's horrible. Are you on LinkedIn? If so, connect with me.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

htfiremedic
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 am

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby htfiremedic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:13 am

Nikkormat wrote:
htfiremedic wrote:Image


What the heck is that?

A scarecrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks guys... No news today as my wife had to take my phone in to her work so her IT guy could replace the smashed screen. No, I didn't do it out of frustration... Haha. It happened last weekend playing army. So much for a screensaver actually saving. Lol!
So tomorrow I have to call the HR lady and insist on an update. If she gives me more of her hemms and Haws I'm going to ask for her supervisor. It's less than a week until the month ends and I don't know if I'm starting yet or not. I can't afford to be nice anymore. I'll be professional but stern. I'll let y'all know if I hear anything, one way or another.

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Lumpskie wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Ok... I have to vent so my apologies if I use some potty language.

For those who don't know, I've been very unemployed for quite a while. Back in May or June of last year (iirc) I had applied and interviewed for a "dream job" for me. A position opened up on Ft Carson at their DIY auto skills shop. I know the shop manager and we had a great interview. I was pretty sure I was a shoe in but it's technically a government job so there are no guarantees. The day following the interview I sent out thank you emails to the manager and the HR lady for my interview time and consideration. About a week later the HR lady calls and says something was done incorrectly at the interview and some steps were missed. Ok, the shop manager isn't HR so I can understand how we missed something. I asked what I could do on my end to fix it and she said she would look into it. After a week I call to ask for an update. Nothing yet, give me more time and I will call you. 2 more weeks and I hear nothing so I call again. I am told to check the USAjobs website for an update. I do and it shows me as "not selected". I call back and am told that the manager didn't select me. I found that hard to believe but with a government job it's not uncommon. It's often the case that a manager already knows who they will hire ahead of time but the "game" must get played" before the position is filled. All I could do was shrug and look for work elsewhere.
I ended up taking a job at a local off-road shop. That turned into a disaster as the owner had gone down the bad road of poor business practices and bills, including paychecks, were hot or miss if they got paid. I tried to stick it out and help him turn things around but when all the other techs left and it was just the two of us, it was a sinking ship. Unfortunately, the boss let his demons and the stress get the better of him and tried to kill himself. Thankfully he got help before going through with it but it left him in a VA hospital and his wife asked me to help close the shop. I worked all through April, unpaid, trying to help get this guy's stuff put in storage, customers their vehicles/parts returned, and dealing with any other issues including a bastard landlord trying to steal the shops equipment to cover his losses. It was a nightmare to say the least but at least I did the best I could and my conscience is clear.
So unemployed but with still having bills to pay I was left with my money from school (GI Bill) to use for rent and the wife's paycheck for everything else. As things got tighter and tighter I ended up selling my XJ. That money bought us some more time and my efforts to find another job continued.
A couple months aof I got told about a new position on Ft Carson working for ECS. They are a civilian branch of the Army reserves who perform vehicle maintenance on units equipment. Ok, sign me up! Well, part of their requirements is that I must maintain my reserve status. Ok, no biggie. The only issue is I can't drop my retirement packet and have to keep playing GI Joe. I'm fine with that. But here's the frustrating part. You'd think that since the job requires current, qualified participation in the reserves that most of the hiring efforts would already be met. I have a yearly physical, PT test, random and often drug testing, etc. The process should be stupid-easy to hire someone, right?
Apparently not. Add to it that my HR caseworker is "new" and doesn't fully understand her job, and I am now in month two of trying to get hired. I've submitted a stack of papers and documentation, done hours of online forms. Taken my CDL physical. Etc. I'm a very proactive person in this and have tried to be very patient as I understand I am not the only case this lady is working on.
So as of today I am wanting on two things that I know of:
Her to request a physical on ft Carson for me and her to make my schedule. Both things are not within my scope to effect (I've tried) so it's all up to her. I try and call and email her to speed things along but to no avail. I've given her the phone number of who to contact to schedule my physical but it hasn't sped things up. At this point I'm literally stuck waiting for her to do her damn job so I can get back to work.
So what, deal with it, right? It's the gubmint, things always move slow. Yeah, yeah, I get all that.
So check this out.... Earlier today my phone rings with an Augusta GA number I don't recognize. It turns out to be the ft Carson shop manager who I had interviewed with. He asks if I was still interested in a part time job? We talk and he remembers who I am finally and we get to discussing whatever happened to the last, full time job I had applied for. Turns out he had already decided that he wanted to hire ME. But somehow the HR lady failed to put my name on the list of potential hires and he could only choose someone else. Proof that the "process" is flawed and when people don't do what they say they will or are inept at their jobs, it has repurcussions.
So here I am... Trying to be patient in one hiring process and getting informed that much of the last one was completely fubar. I could have been well on my way working happily at my dream job had HR people done theirs correctly. I'd still have my XJ, we wouldn't be eating ramen noodles, bills would not be a cause for elevated stress, and life would be fine. As it is, I'm still unemployed and dealing with an unmotivated and likely unskilled HR person when I should long since have been turning wrenches and bringing in a paycheck. I'm trying my best to remain positive and deal with the headaches. I know things will eventually work out as they always do. But sometimes you just want to scream and cus. Now is one of those times.
I'll post more when I know more so for now...
Fingers crossed and tongue well chewed on!


I was just doing my weekly FSJ check-in and read this thread. Man, that's horrible. Are you on LinkedIn? If so, connect with me.


No sir. I had a LI account some years ago but found it unpleasant to use so I just wandered away from it. Feel free to email me if ya want.

ted_yrizarry_john@yahoo.com

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm

htfiremedic wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:
htfiremedic wrote:Image


What the heck is that?

A scarecrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I thought that was just you impersonating a politician? Swamp creature.

User avatar
Lumpskie
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby Lumpskie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:01 am

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
No sir. I had a LI account some years ago but found it unpleasant to use so I just wandered away from it. Feel free to email me if ya want.



I just emailed you!
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

htfiremedic
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 am

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby htfiremedic » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 am

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
htfiremedic wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:
What the heck is that?

A scarecrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I thought that was just you impersonating a politician? Swamp creature.

The lizard man’s cousin....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Ok, more frustration....
Get hold of the HR lady. She says she still hasn't called for the physical yet. I take a deep breath and tell her she has 10 minutes to make the call and call me back. After that I will be going to her supervisor.
Hang up. Wait 20 minutes and call back.
She says she called, and will email them the paperwork. Ok told her I'll wait on the phone while she emails them. Done. Now was that THAT difficult!?! FML!
So about 15 minutes later I get an email stating that the personnel people will contact the clinic for an appointment time. They will then call me. The email also states it could take up to two Weeks for them to call!!!

Deep breath...

So A: ok thank should NOT take two weeks to schedule a physical when. The clinic is currently slow. I talked to them and they said so.

B: If a physical takes a while to schedule and process, WTF wouldn't you begin that earlier than 7 weeks into a hiring process!?!

BEEP me!

So now I'm trying to reach the clinic and see if I can beg them to expedite the process. Nobody is answering the phone.. shocker. If I can't reach them I will drive down there tomorrow and see if I can beg them in person.

I have a very bad feeling this is not going to happen before the end of the month.
Wife is stressed and pissed off. So am I. We are literally eating MREs I've had stored for emergencies. This is bullshit!

User avatar
tedlovesjeeps71
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Ok, update two:

Contacted the clinic directly and sweet talked the lady over the phone. She had received my paperwork and was kind enough to schedule me for the earliest she could. Part 1 is tomorrow at 8am. Unfortunately, part two can't happen until Monday at 10:00. Not sure if that's going to push me for another couple weeks or a month before I can start... Trying to get the HR woman to answer the phone and talk to me.

htfiremedic
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 am

Re: BJ's Bumper giveaway / Adventures with Ted

Postby htfiremedic » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 pm

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Ok, update two:

Contacted the clinic directly and sweet talked the lady over the phone. She had received my paperwork and was kind enough to schedule me for the earliest she could. Part 1 is tomorrow at 8am. Unfortunately, part two can't happen until Monday at 10:00. Not sure if that's going to push me for another couple weeks or a month before I can start... Trying to get the HR woman to answer the phone and talk to me.

Keep plugging bro!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests