Non-jeep Tech help needed for my 74 Ford

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.
Dr. Marneaus

Re: Non-jeep Tech help needed for my 74 Ford

Postby Dr. Marneaus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 am

Stuka wrote:Out of curiosity, if you measure its resistance, what do you get? Wondering if it was starting to fail, or if its just getting too hot.

Also, this is a major advantage of moving over to a TFI coil. The oil filled ones are very susceptible to heat soak.

Yeah I’m running a TFI style coil on the Wagoneer, and it’s been good.

All I would need to do here on the ford is buy a pigtail and make a bracket to hold the TFI type coil
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Dr. Marneaus

Re: Non-jeep Tech help needed for my 74 Ford

Postby Dr. Marneaus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 am

Long overneeded update:

The coil fixed it, 100% drivable n all conditions now. So, good.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Return to “General Chat”