Stolen black 89 Waggy in Beaverton Oregon

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
dodgerammit

Stolen black 89 Waggy in Beaverton Oregon

Post by dodgerammit »

From my FB feed:

84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
dodgerammit

Re: Stolen black 89 Waggy in Beaverton Oregon

Post by dodgerammit »

Update. They found it on the side of the interstate. Owner has it again.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

There's a story there...
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

will e

Post by will e »

Of course they did. That's what you get for stealing a FSJ. Probably had a bad gas gauge and ran out of gas.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote:Of course they did. That's what you get for stealing a FSJ. Probably had a bad gas gauge and ran out of gas.
Or vapor locked. Either way, I hope it frustrated the hell out of the thief. :twisted:

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Ignition control module quit...
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

letank

Post by letank »

good to read, change the oil....

time for fingerprints collection, and catch the thiefs later
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

will e

Post by will e »

dodgerammit wrote:
will e wrote:Of course they did. That's what you get for stealing a FSJ. Probably had a bad gas gauge and ran out of gas.
Or vapor locked. Either way, I hope it frustrated the hell out of the thief. :twisted:
LOL no doubt.

I have a hidden fuel pump switch. The truck will start and run for about 100 yards and then will die

Also, theif must have been over 30. I notice younger folks have no idea how to deal with a column shifter.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

will e wrote:
dodgerammit wrote:
LOL no doubt.

I have a hidden fuel pump switch. The truck will start and run for about 100 yards and then will die

Also, theif must have been over 30. I notice younger folks have no idea how to deal with a column shifter.
I need to do this on mine. Was in a large city with mine today. Told the wife if we stopped at the mall, I was pulling the in tank pump fuse. It still has a new mechanical as well, but at 95* out in stop and go city traffic, they wouldn't get a mile before vapor locking. :lol:

letank

Post by letank »

According to our police officials, use the club or without ad metion a steering wheel immobilizer. One of the local precinct chief said that he uses one. Of course SF is plagged by the worst case of car theft... I have one now after the 85 Honda with manual trans that was borrowed and retrieved 15 blocks away. Probably need to get one for the waggy...
Michel

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

I agree on the club. Folks may argue that it's easy to defeat, but it's all outside the skill set of an opportunistic car thief, and that's the only kind of thief that's going to steal an FSJ.
If someone really wants to steal your specific car, they'll bring a tow truck and dress up like a repo man, so there's nothing that's absolutely theft proof.
More than likely with old iron like ours, they break in to rummage around for stuff to pawn or steal an identity, then boosting the car is just a bonus thrill.
People that take the time to put on a Club come across as the type to take out their valuables, and possibly "shim" their stereo with razor blades... You know, so it doesn't rattle. ;)
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

REDONE wrote:I agree on the club. Folks may argue that it's easy to defeat, but it's all outside the skill set of an opportunistic car thief, and that's the only kind of thief that's going to steal an FSJ.
If someone really wants to steal your specific car, they'll bring a tow truck and dress up like a repo man, so there's nothing that's absolutely theft proof.
More than likely with old iron like ours, they break in to rummage around for stuff to pawn or steal an identity, then boosting the car is just a bonus thrill.
People that take the time to put on a Club come across as the type to take out their valuables, and possibly "shim" their stereo with razor blades... You know, so it doesn't rattle. ;)
Ah, but I live for the thrill of defeat. Nothing like a fuel shut off to give the thieves an "OH S#!+!" moment a few hundred feet away, causing them to abandon the vehicle in a panic. :evil:

letank

Post by letank »

REDONE wrote: People that take the time to put on a Club come across as the type to take out their valuables, and possibly "shim" their stereo with razor blades... You know, so it doesn't rattle. ;)
Ah, ah, what about barbed wire (not razor wire) around the handle release for a convertible works really well. After the second attempt, I was tired of dealing with the unbending of the rod... yes... it stopped... That was a zillion (45+) years ago. Today the #@! would retaliate and destroy windows and slash the top...
Michel