Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
XSapper

Post by XSapper »

New member here. My sister bought my fifteen year old son a 79 J10 long wheelbase truck that has been sitting for 20 years. I had a 79 J10 short wheelbase Honcho that I had to sell a few years back and he loved that truck. I had redone it in the late 90s and was in pretty good shape. Makes me miss it. I hope I can find info and parts sources here, especially now I am considering finding one for myself.
I am glad they keep it clean here so I will feel comfortable dragging him here to check things out.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: New member

Post by Stuka »

Welcome to the forum!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Welcome. Sorry for the slow response. This forum isn't dead. We just all have lives outside the web.

BJs off road is a great resource. I can vouch for them.

TeamGrandWagoneer is another source. I have no experience with them.

Some home brew vendors here as well.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Welcome back to FSJ fun! Does it have the QuadraTrac?

There is a resource of info on that here: http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac/index.htm
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
XSapper

Post by XSapper »

Thanks! I understand - Lots of irons in the fire too. I have been checking out BJs, especially for the rubber parts and bed repair panels. Yes it's quadratrac, but my son would have rather had a standard though.

will e

Post by will e »

Howdy from sunny Phoenix Arizona! You have come to the right place. There are a lot of helpful and friendly people on this board.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Howdy from CO from another 12B! I was with Armor so no tab, but still Essayons!
I have a 77 short bed 360/TH400/QT and a 79 long bed 304/T-18/D20 which is my favorite one of the two. They don't make a truck like it any more, and haven't for a while. ;)

Unrelated, but I just saw this smilie in the drop down menu for the first time and want to use it. :-?
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

bigun

Post by bigun »

REDONE wrote:Howdy from CO from another 12B! I was with Armor so no tab, but still Essayons!
So Exsapper doesn't mean he was involve in the maple syrup industry? :P
What did you do to upset your sister? :shock:
Welcome to the addiction there is no cure except going cold turkey. Be prepared to have an empty wallet , lose of your grip on reality, and a gradual pulling away from family and friends as you spend more and more time with your new iron mistress!
Welcome from Neuvo Mexico :-bd

Topic author
XSapper

Post by XSapper »

REDONE wrote:Howdy from CO from another 12B! I was with Armor so no tab, but still Essayons!
I have a 77 short bed 360/TH400/QT and a 79 long bed 304/T-18/D20 which is my favorite one of the two. They don't make a truck like it any more, and haven't for a while. ;)

Unrelated, but I just saw this smilie in the drop down menu for the first time and want to use it. :-?
Yep, 12B2PC2. No tab back in my day. I went to the sandbox with 1st AD, but stateside time was at FT. Benning and FT. Campbell.

Topic author
XSapper

Post by XSapper »

bigun wrote:
So Exsapper doesn't mean he was involve in the maple syrup industry? :P
What did you do to upset your sister? :shock:
Welcome to the addiction there is no cure except going cold turkey. Be prepared to have an empty wallet , lose of your grip on reality, and a gradual pulling away from family and friends as you spend more and more time with your new iron mistress!
Welcome from Neuvo Mexico :-bd
LOL! I actually had some involvement in the maple syrup industry as a teenager growing up in Vermont. Back when they still collected it up with buckets.

Well my sister was in the Marines and I was in the Army, so I guess she is paying me back for all the Marine jokes!

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

Welcome to the madness :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Topic author
XSapper

Post by XSapper »

HowardT64 wrote:Welcome to the madness :)
I should fit right in then!

derf

Post by derf »

Yeah, this is where you end up when you go crazy. :-bd

Welcome.

Topic author
XSapper

Post by XSapper »

:D
derf wrote:Yeah, this is where you end up when you go crazy. :-bd

Welcome.
How do I edit my profile to show location? My physical location that is. :)

Nevermind, I figured it out.