Photobucket Fix

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
letank

Photobucket Fix

Post by letank »

found this -worked w firefox, no need to restart

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

I use opera
It also works for Opera browser (they are pretty much the same).

Opera:
1. Menu in upper left corner
2. Go to extensions and highlight
3. Select "Get extensions"
4. Type "Photobucket Fix" in the search
5. Install "Photobucket Hotlink Fix"

It worked for me without restarting the browser
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

dodgerammit

Re: photobracket fix

Post by dodgerammit »

Nice! just tried it. Had to reload the page I was trying (open before add on install), but it worked beautifully!
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Kaiserman

Post by Kaiserman »

That's awesome! Thanks for posting this.
1971 J2500 Gladiator Custom-Cab Platform Stake on 126" wb. B350/T18A/D20 D60/D60-3 w/locker 4.10's Ramsey 8klb PTO winch, Day-brook dump. 225/95R16's
1969 J3800 Gladiator 3407Z Camper Truck. B350/T18A/D20 D44/D60-3 w/4.10's
1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400 Mostly Stock
1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0L/AW4 4" lift OEM swing out tire carrier and brushguard

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

I am in Chrome but I can not find the Get more Extension to go to the next step.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

jsinajeep wrote:I am in Chrome but I can not find the Get more Extension to go to the next step.
Me either. There's "Extensions" but not Get More Extensions. Under Extensions the search comes up empty.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
letank

Post by letank »

jsinajeep wrote:I am in Chrome but I can not find the Get more Extension to go to the next step.
the more extension menu is a the bottom of the screen, just tried it in Chrome and it worked

the extension I installed

Photobucket Embedded Image Fix
Michel

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Photobucket Fix

Post by Stuka »

I fixed the title that was typo'ed as "photobracket fix" because it was driving me nuts every time I saw it :) And it will make it easier for people to see this.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

I wish you'd fix the instructions for Chrome.

I wonder if the fact that this is a Chromebook and not a real computer running Chrome is the reason they don't work.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
letank

Post by letank »

Stuka wrote:I fixed the title that was typo'ed as "photobracket fix" because it was driving me nuts every time I saw it :) And it will make it easier for people to see this.
Ah, ah, ah, not a typo... a contraption of bucket and racket... not too sure if photob--- is happy with the fix... trying to stay under the radar
Michel

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

They can't do anything about it. All the fix does it change the referring site to make it look like its not an outside site linking to it.
2017 JKU Rubicon

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Photobucket can kiss my butt. I waited a good while to see if their shenanigans would last then I purged all my pics and account in February.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

SJTD wrote:I wish you'd fix the instructions for Chrome.

I wonder if the fact that this is a Chromebook and not a real computer running Chrome is the reason they don't work.
I still can not find the Get more Extension.

Topic author
letank

Post by letank »

jsinajeep wrote:
I can send some screen capture, but my OS is in french...

check this for another example (not related to photoracket) your extensions may be under the setting tab

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-add-IDM-to-Chrome
Michel

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

jsinajeep wrote:

It worked on my chromebook. But the instructions are a bit different.

Click on the three dots to the right of the address bar, and then go down to 'More Tools' and then to 'Extensions'.

Once here, go to the bottom and click on 'get more extensions'. Once you are here, then do a search for photobucket fix and click to add 'Photobucket Hotlink Fix'.
2017 JKU Rubicon

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Fascinating.

Under Extensions there's a pretty screen with a Google Docs Offline box with Details and Remove buttons and a switch then under Chrome Apps are seven more identical boxes for Camera, Calculator, Docs, Google Keep, Sheets, Slides and Text.

No Get More Extensions at the bottom.

At the top there's a search bar but nothing comes up for Photobucket.
Sic friatur crustulum

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

SJTD wrote:Fascinating.

Under Extensions there's a pretty screen with a Google Docs Offline box with Details and Remove buttons and a switch then under Chrome Apps are seven more identical boxes for Camera, Calculator, Docs, Google Keep, Sheets, Slides and Text.

No Get More Extensions at the bottom.

At the top there's a search bar but nothing comes up for Photobucket.
Ok, another way to get there is to go to the webstore, which you can find under the chromeOS version of the start menu. But it almost sounds like you have an older version of ChromeOS. The updates are free if available for your hardware. I happen to have an Acer 11.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

fulsizjeep wrote:Photobucket can kiss my butt. I waited a good while to see if their shenanigans would last then I purged all my pics and account in February.
that must have been fun, i have like 12 years and thousands upon thousands upon thousands of pics in mine and cant pull them as they have been posted in build threads all across the damn internet.

but i agree, screw them.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

letank wrote:
jsinajeep wrote:
I can send some screen capture, but my OS is in french...

check this for another example (not related to photoracket) your extensions may be under the setting tab

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-add-IDM-to-Chrome
Ha, you are talking to a 70+ old man this look more like Greek to me. I will work on it and find me a youngster
around here to help me. Thank You.

Topic author
letank

Post by letank »

jsinajeep wrote: Ha, you are talking to a 70+ old man this look more like Greek to me. I will work on it and find me a youngster
around here to help me. Thank You.
I remembered that you have a few more winters than I do (65 winters here), this is why I tried to find some views.

I am still trying to find AC hoses stacked somewhere in the garage and found spare distributors...
Michel

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

You are a very patient man Jerry. :)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac