Looking for design +fab software for metal projects

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Tripwire

Looking for design +fab software for metal projects

Post by Tripwire »

looking to purchase some software to design projects for a metal shop, 3d would be cool as well as a materials list / cut sheet?

for building trailers, cages etc...

the easier to use the better - no autocad B.S

trip
FSJ.ORG JOIN DATE JULY 2000

Tripwire. 86 Grand. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/228 BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer

Washington State

Topic author
Tripwire

Re: Looking for design +fab software for metal projects

Post by Tripwire »

any input recomendations would be sweet!!
FSJ.ORG JOIN DATE JULY 2000

Tripwire. 86 Grand. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/228 BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer

Washington State

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

I was looking for the same thing myself a few weeks ago, my brother said he's used this in the past and it's pretty easy. https://www.emachineshop.com/

The software is built with an eye to them manufacturing the pieces you design, but imagine it would output a file you could take anywhere? Not sure on this though.
1984 GW

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Well, I don’t know how reasonable it is, but we use Creo (formerly ProE). I am not a user, There are folks in my organization that do that. We do all fab in 3D except wiring, which is done in 2D AutoCAD (no, I don’t know why other than the piping for 3D wiring is really unnecessary in almost all applications). The coding from Creo feeds directly into laser jets, water jets, CNC machines, etc. saving the engineers and technicians time.

SolidWorks is also a good product, based on what my guys tell me.

I should find time to learn to use CAD, so I could design up some jeep parts at home.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

letank

Post by letank »

weeegoneeer wrote:I was looking for the same thing myself a few weeks ago, my brother said he's used this in the past and it's pretty easy. https://www.emachineshop.com/

The software is built with an eye to them manufacturing the pieces you design, but imagine it would output a file you could take anywhere? Not sure on this though.
Did the same, their tutorial is not obvious... for the total noob that I am in 3D design... May be I need to take a class
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

I've always used solidworks and Autodesk inventor, either will do what your asking and more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
In the market for a new FSJ