So I was riding a shopping cart

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
SJTD

So I was riding a shopping cart

Post by SJTD »

Down the parking lot to my jeep this morning.

I was wondering what people thought about seeing a 60 year old doing that.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

bigun

Re: So I was riding a shopping cart

Post by bigun »

You copying the commercial were the old guy rides the cart across the parking lot at the store?
I have to chuckle everytime I see that one

Topic author
SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Nope, no commercial TV, just Amazon Prime.

Is he in it? I'm just standing on the bar between the back wheels.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

bigun

Post by bigun »

Older black man in suit comes out of the grocery store at night . looks around puts one foot on the bar and pushes off, then with a big grin goes coasting down the parking lot. Little boy holding hands with his mom stares at him as he goes by (Like wow that looks like fun)!
Having worked security late at night, seeing the grocery store late at night like that brings back a lot of memories!!
Found it it's a citi bank commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpTTIwUQt7o

cone

Post by cone »

I was riding on the cart leaving Lowes recently and the front of the cart flip up and before I could get off I went down hard flat on my face in the parking lot. Really embarrassing because they were a number of people watching and I'm 64. I still do it but I'm more careful now.

will e

Post by will e »

You're assuming they looked up from their phones long enough to notice you. ;)
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

i still do this. I'll be 37 this year. I work 2nd shift, so my shopping is usually done at midnight.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
SJTD

Post by SJTD »

cone wrote:I was riding on the cart leaving Lowes recently and the front of the cart flip up and before I could get off I went down hard flat on my face in the parking lot. Really embarrassing because they were a number of people watching and I'm 64. I still do it but I'm more careful now.
As long as you were able to get up.

Glad I'm not the only one.
Sic friatur crustulum

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

I usually just hook the shopping cart on a random trailer hitch in the parking lot and see how long it lasts when they leave.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Don S

Post by Don S »

I was a sack boy in 1948 and 49 near TCU in Ft. Worth. Lots of sweet grocery shoppers there. Tips... Not so much... Most of the parking lot was up a slight slope. Some times I could just get on and ride the carts all the way back to the store as much as 100 yards or more. Never crashed.
I haven't been to a store in several years well make that about ten... but enjoy riding in the wheelchairs when I go to the hospital.
I can still walk up to 70 feet but I'll crash with pain. I use a power wheelchair part time. What is fun is to go outside and race up and down our 160 foot driveway and even the lawn I think it will go about eight mph. I still can w the lawn with our 42" JD-D130.

Yeeee-haw.. Don S..