That other FSJ Forum .....

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Vince

That other FSJ Forum .....

Post by Vince »

I like many people often use all the information on multiple forums with out joining or posting. Eventually I register when I have specific question that is not covered elsewhere.

The "other FSJ Forum" - IFSJA.org - has lots of great information and certainly an active user base - I am sure many people reading this are members there as well. What I am curious about is that still a moderated forum? or is it just hanging on with the old members?

I joined the forum about a year ago and was never given permission to post -it is "awaiting activation". I rejoined with a different email thinking there could be a spam issue and have the same result - no activation - I emailed the webmaster and the contacts that are listed with emails and 80% of the addresses came back as inactive.

I joined here and was granted permission almost instantly.

So does anyone know anything about IFSJA.ORG? or a contact of a moderator? Really just curious as there are some great posts on there.

bigun

Re: That other FSJ Forum .....

Post by bigun »

The Mother site has been going down hill for years, The original guy who started and the the guy suppling the space have lost interest, but will not sell to someone else, that is why this site was started. It is sad it was once a vibrant fun filled place, full of good tech, ask your questions here most of the tech posted over there was posted by the same people here

lkmarsh

Post by lkmarsh »

You are right, many of the members of the other forum are here, so you still have access to their experience. You can search this site directly, without resorting to Google searches with "site:ifsja.org" appended. "New Posts" link works here, too. Welcome Aboard! Both forums have been a big help with my Wagoneer headaches over the years, and I still check the Mothership now and then.
Lyle
69 1414x Buick350/Th400/D20
PDB, HEI, relays, rallyes, rhino, rust...
73 Wagoneer parts donor

Don S

Post by Don S »

Sorry you've had that problem.
I'm a very low level Moderator over there. It may have been your problem I alerted other moderators about. it may have been during the transition problem.
I now think the issue is the system failed or you may have failed to Note there was already a Member named Vince that had joined 04/09/2001 from San Diego... That dude only made two posts...

Long Live Both Sites.. Don S..

Topic author
Vince

Post by Vince »

Thanks for the info will probably make this site "home" for my 89 Wagoneer project going forward. Over there I am "BillD" as Vince was taken.

Topic author
Vince

Post by Vince »

And I was approved yesterday at the other forum so it looks like all is working well.