Welcome to 2018!

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
REDONE

Welcome to 2018!

Post by REDONE »

Happy New year everyone! I hope it's full of personal, professional, and especially Jeepy success! :-bd

I'm starting all the tougher classes for my ME degree, math and physics stuff :o Even so, I'm hoping to get 3 big trips in this year. My daughter is big enough that I'm not worried about hurting her bouncing around on the trails any more.
1. This spring I want to do a loop that includes the sand Creek massacre site, Ludlow Massacre site, Taos and BEER New Mexico (it's a real place, but you can't find it on the internet!), And also San Luis, CO. I've been to all these places (except BEER), but it's something I want imbedded in my daughter's memories as well.

2. Obviously Ouray! My main goal for this year is to return with Money Badger, with my ladies in the trail hawk.

3. Thanksgiving. Every year my wife and daughter fly to Eugene to spend the holiday with her family, and i drive out with the dogs. This year I'm hoping to make it a family road trip instead, possibly renting an RV.

My parents moved to a new cabin in Bailey that's practically on the entrance to the Slaughterhouse Gulch trail, so plenty of chances for Saturday wheeling. I'd also like to get a few weekend camping trips in, but with my class load I think I'm pretty lucky if I get 2 out of 3 big trips in.

Go grab 2018 by the horns, Jeepers!
Last edited by REDONE on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Shagoneer

Re: Welcome to 2018!

Post by Shagoneer »

Where is Beer? I’ve lived in NM almost my whole life and never heard of it. I feel I should go pay the town a visit.
In the market for a new FSJ

Topic author
REDONE

Post by REDONE »

US-64 and NM505. I've never been there, but it's one of those places where heaven extended a finger to touch the Earth and made everything perfect for a day for my wife before we met. She's been wanting to go back with me for years, but despite all or trips to and through NM, it's been just barely out of reach.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

Is Beer NM like Pietown NM where they were named for there specialty lol
In the market for a new FSJ