Frusterated CC hacked How do I get a hold of UBER to get my money back

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
bigun

Frusterated CC hacked How do I get a hold of UBER to get my money back

Post by bigun »

Like it says last night someone got a hold of my card number and ran up several charges to HELP. UBER.COM having spent the last 1/2 hour trying to find someway that doesn't require me to sign up with them, I turn to you learned gentle people to see if one of you might have the answer I seek. Since I only had $30. in my account they didn't get much, but when it is all you had it is quite frustrating especially, when the lady at the bank this morning told me they had after starting with a small hit (23.00) my account they went for a $350 which was turned down. :cry:

SJTD

Re: Frusterated CC hacked How do I get a hold of UBER to get my money back

Post by SJTD »

I'm guessing that it was a debit card not a credit card. This is why I won't have a debit card.

I got a call about 2 weeks ago from Discover asking if a charge for gas in Michigan or somewhere out that way was valid. Nope. They cancelled that card and overnighed a new one.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Your bank should be the one to deal with this. You should not be responsible for it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

SJTD wrote:I'm guessing that it was a debit card not a credit card. This is why I won't have a debit card.

I got a call about 2 weeks ago from Discover asking if a charge for gas in Michigan or somewhere out that way was valid. Nope. They cancelled that card and overnighed a new one.
Yeah Debit card, talked to mom about we need to get a card that we can transfer money to.

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

Stuka wrote:Your bank should be the one to deal with this. You should not be responsible for it.
You would think wouldn't you teller said it was my job :shock:

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

I can file a claim for something like that on my bank's website. Worth a shot. If not, I'd go ask to speak to the manager of the bank.
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

Cecil14

Post by Cecil14 »

Never. Ever. EVER. Put a debit card number in anywhere in any app/online form/anywhere. You have very little protection with a typical debit card when compared with a real credit card. There are plenty of prepaid credit card options, if having a standard card is something you're not interested in. Those still fall under the CC company's purview for security and fraud prevention, typically.

aa
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Call your bank fraud department. It is staffed 24/7. Also let them know the teller was of no use as the have specific training for theft reports. Request a new debit card. Your bank should be able to tell if transaction was a card swipe or card not present transaction. By law merchants are required to check ID to make sure presentor matches the card name.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.