Bulltear contact

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
az chip

Bulltear contact

Post by az chip »

Anyone have a good way of getting in touch with Bulltear? Tried the phone. No joy. Ever.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

weeegoneeer

Re: Bulltear contact

Post by weeegoneeer »

Call, call, call, and call again at different times of the day. No joy by email either, and spamming doesn't help. They're wicked busy and don't have someone to man the phones, they're busy getting work done and stepping away for 3 minutes if they're in a convenient spot means everyone gets orders later.

Realize that's a crappy answer, but I get it. Adding another body to be on the phones makes it harder on the bottom line to keep going. Thinking it's something common to specialty vendors.

Once you do get in touch, they are awesome about letting you know where your order is at, when to expect it, what the hold up is, and also great at answering questions. Also, everything I've got from them (which ain't much - timing cover, mid plate, oil pump housing) is top notch.
1984 GW

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Pretty much why I don't do business with them. The only reason I had a Bulltear mid-plate kit was I bought back a 401 I had sold and it came with the package. Meanwhile the warped BJs mid-plate still hangs by the coffee pot in the kitchen. It reminds me of how pissed off I can get about FSJ BS sometimes. Then I laugh. Yeah, I don't get it either... Good luck Chip.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Order the BJ'S one. I also had a very hard time contacting bull tear. If you need a part from them order 2 months in advance. There are some items you can only get from them, and they aren't that bad to work with if you accept the fact they are slow as molasses. But the BJ's one will likely be just as good of a product.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

fulsizjeep wrote:Pretty much why I don't do business with them. The only reason I had a Bulltear mid-plate kit was I bought back a 401 I had sold and it came with the package. Meanwhile the warped BJs mid-plate still hangs by the coffee pot in the kitchen. It reminds me of how pissed off I can get about FSJ BS sometimes. Then I laugh. Yeah, I don't get it either... Good luck Chip.
LOL. Thanks. website says shipped. But to where?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Well, I finally threw that warped BJ's mid-plate away today. It had been hanging in the kitchen for 7 years and that was long enough...
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

derf

Post by derf »

az chip wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:Pretty much why I don't do business with them. The only reason I had a Bulltear mid-plate kit was I bought back a 401 I had sold and it came with the package. Meanwhile the warped BJs mid-plate still hangs by the coffee pot in the kitchen. It reminds me of how pissed off I can get about FSJ BS sometimes. Then I laugh. Yeah, I don't get it either... Good luck Chip.
LOL. Thanks. website says shipped. But to where?
Last time I did business with bulltear they told me my order shipped to me a week before the back order parts showed up at their shop.

From what I gather, they really don't care about keeping up the AMC part of their business. So I won't waste my time with them.
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

I get it. They really don't care. I got the part. 30 days order to door.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Does Z&M still have a mid plate? I know you got yours, but if they do, may help others in the future.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

I find the Z&M Jeep website hard to navigate. I usually never look there. When I am looking for parts I am usually dirty, tired, and stressed. So I try and find the easier websites.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

az chip wrote:I find the Z&M Jeep website hard to navigate. I usually never look there. When I am looking for parts I am usually dirty, tired, and stressed. So I try and find the easier websites.
Yeah, their site is not great. I have called most of the times I have needed something. But always been happy with the parts.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ