hurricanes

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
fulsizjeep

hurricanes

Post by fulsizjeep »

For all the folks here that have been adversely affected by Harvey, my heart goes out to you. It is not ancient history and there are ongoing challenges there.

For those of you in Florida, hold on to your butts and get the hell out. My daughter's family is headed from Sarasota to TN right now. I have experienced several strong hurricanes living many years around the Gulf of Mexico but I would leave for this one.

For those of you in GA, SC and NC - this ain't over yet.

Be Safe
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: hurricanes

Post by Stuka »

Be safe guys!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Scary! Yet fascinating at the same time...

I bet a GW would make an awesome storm chaser though.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

az chip

Post by az chip »

I bet a GW would make an awesome storm chaser though.
Not with winds at 155 mph with gusts to 190 and a 10 foot wall of water. It would be a stormchaser though. The storm would be chasing your butt out of state!
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

My niece is at Fort Benning GA for OCS and the command has decided to halt training and send everyone home for two weeks just in case Irma or Jose make it up that far with any strength left. I think it's a wise move.

Hang in there people!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

cone

Post by cone »

Tatsadasayago wrote:My niece is at Fort Benning GA for OCS and the command has decided to halt training and send everyone home for two weeks
I'm glad I didn't get a break when I was in OCS at Quantico, I'm not sure I would want to go back.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

cone wrote:
Tatsadasayago wrote:My niece is at Fort Benning GA for OCS and the command has decided to halt training and send everyone home for two weeks
I'm glad I didn't get a break when I was in OCS at Quantico, I'm not sure I would want to go back.
I would have been hard pressed to go back after a break myself but she's loving it. Either she's tougher than I was back then or the standards have been lowered...

letank

Re: hurricanes prediction models

Post by letank »

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/mo ... gaps.htmlc

Check the various midels here, the european vs. The US...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Looks like it's arrived.