another familiar 4x4 turned into a combat vehicle

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: another familiar 4x4 turned into a combat vehicle

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

mud89 wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Tatsadasayago wrote:You didn't mention that she wasn't wearing a bra Lumpskie :P
Do they have bras in France?? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife has bras LOL
She is half French, half German

Our army deserves more money, but we are broke
Maybe they are half bras? ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Aren't you glad I dropped by to save this thread with some FSJ content. :lol:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

yz400e

Post by yz400e »

Cool, that brings back memories.

I worked in Niger and Tchad in the mid 1990's. We used Land Cruiser diesel pickups as well as the station wagons as they were readily available, nearly indestructible and went anywhere with the correct tires. I wish I had the pictures still but our chief security officer (ex Green Beret nicknamed Colonel Klink, who must have been in his mid to late 50s) had a 50 cal mounted on 2 of the trucks and the trucks still had the Western Geophysical logos on the doors. I wish I still had those pictures. You couldn't go to the field with at least 1 guard and some crews had a full squad with them.

We had another crew working near the Somali border around the same time. The crew was overrun by a retreating ethiopian 'army' and had all their trucks confiscated. Then in a flash of self preservation everyone grabbed what personal belongings they could plus some food and radios and went and hid by the airstrip until the FFL came in and extracted them. Between the ethiopians and the somali's the camp was picked completely clean.