Computer gurus! Weird strangness has appeared when I try to go on The Drudge page

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
bigun

Computer gurus! Weird strangness has appeared when I try to go on The Drudge page

Post by bigun »

The page appears briefly then this error message appears.

Something interfered with this website loading

This could be a temporary problem with your network, or due to your adblocker

Try:

Check your internet connection and reload the page
If you are using an adblocker disable it by clicking on the adblock icon in your browser toolbar
Well I disabled my ADblocker and still get the same message? This started last night, I can read it on my phone though.
:?:

KJ Ryu

Re: Computer gurus! Weird strangness has appeared when I try to go on The Drudge page

Post by KJ Ryu »

I've seen strangeness all over the webs in the last couple weeks.
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

will e

Re: Computer gurus! Weird strangness has appeared when I try to go on The Drudge page

Post by will e »

Same issue today. You have to turn off your ad blocker. You can 'white list' the page so that ad blocker keeps working on other pages.
Drudge only has a few adds and they load after the content so I went ahead and while listed it.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

Interesting so I wasn't the only one. Thanks it worked

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Yes, many websites are taking an aggressive approach to ad blockers. I see their point as this is a revenue stream but at the same time think they are being DIKS about it. Yes, some sites/pages won't even load at all if a blocker is detected and whitelisting will not fix it. Crazy!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

I use and recommend Privacy Badger. It shows that Drudge is using 9 different trackers, but some of them have been white listed by PB to allow the site to work. This apparently depends on trackers from bing, eproof and cnbc (!).

If you load PB, it will give you a pull-down that tells you what-all the site is tracking and dropping on your computer. PB is currently blocking cookies on this page from Photobucket, which appear to come from Will E's avatar.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

Running Ghostery as a tracker and Adblock Plus Blocker