Happy Independence Day!!!

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Happy Independence Day!!!

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

In just 238 short (relatively speaking) years, look at all we have done! Happy Birthday America!
Let us not forget the Tyranny that drove us to throw off the shackles and the lives and bloodshed it cost to defeat the most powerful nation,at the time, on earth!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

will e

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post by will e »

Happy Independence Day too! It's a great place to live.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Happy 4th!Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

will e

Post by will e »

is that yours? That's so cool!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Glad to see an Independence Day thread! Have a happy and safe holiday everybody. Remember our founders who risked their "Life, Fortunes and Sacred Honor" to establish our great country.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

will e

Post by will e »

You are so right. They were people from all walks of live who were willing to give up all they had, or what little they had, for the freedom of self governance and self reliance.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Someone on another forum I visit posted a comment that made me kinda chuckle. Sadly he's not wrong but it does show how far we've strayed.
In essence, his comment was we celebrate our uprising from tyranny by going to government approved fireworks shows in gun free zones while being forced to obey open container laws.
Gotta wonder what the founding fathers would make of that. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HubDeepDriver

Post by HubDeepDriver »

Sober, unarmed, and led by the nose. A distasteful state indeed. Perhaps we could accommodate these cityzens by renaming the holiday "Dependance Day", or for those who pants are unabashedly full "Depends Day". Thankfully none of them are on this forum, or so we hope.

Moment's ago, my wife asked, "What is that noise?" I replied, "Fireworks sweety." Perhaps it is already too late, and I resemble my remarks.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

HubDeepDriver wrote:Sober, unarmed, and led by the nose. A distasteful state indeed. Perhaps we could accommodate these cityzens by renaming the holiday "Dependance Day", or for those who pants are unabashedly full "Depends Day". Thankfully none of them are on this forum, or so we hope.

Moment's ago, my wife asked, "What is that noise?" I replied, "Fireworks sweety." Perhaps it is already too late, and I resemble my remarks.
Be drunk at home if you must because what good is drunk in public? No reason to carry guns in our great FREE country. And speak for yourself being led by the nose...

1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

44bz wrote:
HubDeepDriver wrote:Sober, unarmed, and led by the nose. A distasteful state indeed. Perhaps we could accommodate these cityzens by renaming the holiday "Dependance Day", or for those who pants are unabashedly full "Depends Day". Thankfully none of them are on this forum, or so we hope.

Be drunk at home if you must because what good is drunk in public? No reason to carry guns in our great FREE country. And speak for yourself being led by the nose...

*Deleted comment because not sure this was sarcasm or not..* Image

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

We're at the lake- let the fireworks begin!