Cheapest repair is sometimes the solution

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
letank

Cheapest repair is sometimes the solution

Post by letank »

A few days ago, I spotted a neighbor with the hood up... drove by on my way to gas up for a friends motorcycle repair project and shouted "move the car, the street cleaner is coming", it is SF at its best, every 2 weeks we have to move our junkers for the street cleaner ... or the wallet cleaner to avoid an $80 fine... 2 min back, the owner "she" is still checking... so my friend and I stop... the car is pissing oil and it is not a Jeep, but a corolla with 200Kmiles...I come back with 2 quarts... it was 2 quarts low, but upon restart, it is still pissing oil... Me: seems like a crankshaft seal... I call the closest mechanic...the mechanic said to bring it over "no charge for diagnostic" thinking of front crankshaft seal... but it was the oil pressure sender. There was some much caked oil that it was hard to see anything... especially with no ground clearance, even straddling the curb.
Another junker saved from the junkyard.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

az chip

Re: Cheapest repair is sometimes the solution

Post by az chip »

Noice! I had that on the Cherokee when I first got it. Straight stream of oil marking her territory out of the pressure sender. Rusted hole in the sender.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.