Summit racing issue widespread.

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Summit racing issue widespread.

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

So I wake up today and have a notification from my bank that my checking account is in the negative. WTF? Go through my statement and see where I was double charged by Summit racing for some of the Jeep parts back in April. Called the bank and they said it's on Summit's end.
Call summit and before I even got a few words in the lady knew exactly why I was calling. She apologized and said it was being fixed. Seems if you purchased something from them on/around 08APR17 you may likely get charged again. If it happens to you and it puts you in the negative, just email summit proof of the overdraft fee and they will take care of it.
I was doing pretty good digging out of my hole but this happened the same day my storage, rent, and car insurance hit. I'm suffering through the repercussions and hopefully it's all resolved quickly.
Just wanted to warn anyone who may have purchased from summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShagWagon

Re: Summit racing issue widespread.

Post by ShagWagon »

Did they give you extra credit at least? Whack your credit.....
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

ShagWagon wrote:Did they give you extra credit at least? Whack your credit.....
No. Not worried about anything"extra", just want them to make it right and cover any fees that resulted from their issue.

az chip

Post by az chip »

My bank saw it and canceled the transaction and my card.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Wow. Glad I didn't order that Sniper EFI through Summit, now! That would have been REALLY bad.

Hope they don't take forever to take care of their mistake.
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

This is the email they sent me after I talked to them this morning:

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 Summit Racing made an unfortunate error in our credit card billing process that resulted in your credit card receiving a duplicate charge of $142.94 for the purchase you made with us on April 8th 2017.

We have identified the source of the error and have taken the appropriate steps to ensure it does not occur again. We have also initiated a full refund with your bank which should appear between June 1 and 6, 2017.

Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this error may have caused you. If you incurred any additional fees from your credit institution because of our error, or if you have any additional questions please contact our customer service department at 1-800-230-3030, click customer service to send an email, or click here to request a live chat. Reference your customer number 18112493.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and wish to reassure you that your personal information was not compromised in any way. This was the result of an internal processing error. Summit Racing Equipment places the utmost value on maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our credit card billing processes, so in the rare event that an error occurs we want you to know about it. You may have already received an email or a phone call regarding this matter.

Your continued business and trust is very important to us, and we thank you for your understanding in this matter.

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

I'd ask them to send a certified letter to all 3? Or 5? credit reporting agencies explaining what happened and that that you had nothing to do with it.

And a credit towards future purchase if they want you as a customer still.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

ShagWagon wrote:I'd ask them to send a certified letter to all 3? Or 5? credit reporting agencies explaining what happened and that that you had nothing to do with it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

How did a CC charge affect your checking account or was it actually a debit card?
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Banks (and companies) make mistakes. I was the subject of a mistake with my bank (Bank of America), and they were very diligent in setting it right. If you keep good records, in my experience the agencies will make the transaction right.

That said, this happened when I was a student, and my cash balance was often near zero. If you have a job and a regular income, I would strongly suggest that you keep a cash buffer of something like a month's expenditures in your checking account, in addition to what you spend every month. It just makes sense to have a cash cushion there ready to use if you need it.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

SJTD wrote:
ShagWagon wrote:I'd ask them to send a certified letter to all 3? Or 5? credit reporting agencies explaining what happened and that that you had nothing to do with it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

How did a CC charge affect your checking account or was it actually a debit card?
Didn't effect anything other than my checking account. Just happened to hit at a bad time. I'm not worried too much, it'll get worked out and stuff happens. No reason to make it a bigger deal than it is. Image

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

You have a good attitude and I agree. The rolling eyes were for the suggestion that they owed you a free cheeseburger or something.

Just wondered how it affected your checking account. You didn't say but I assume it was a debit card?

This is why I only use credit cards for online purchases. They aren't directly getting money from your bank account and you have some time before you have to pay to get things straightened out.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

SJTD wrote:You have a good attitude and I agree. The rolling eyes were for the suggestion that they owed you a free cheeseburger or something.

Just wondered how it affected your checking account. You didn't say but I assume it was a debit card?

This is why I only use credit cards for online purchases. They aren't directly getting money from your bank account and you have some time before you have to pay to get things straightened out.
I kinda figured that was your meaning and I agree. I realize things happen and try not to get too wrapped around the axle about it. Nothing is free and it's wrong (in my opinion) to expect something beyond having the issue resolved.
I can report that as of this morning they did credit the money back to my account. All I need to do now is send them evidence of the one overdraft fee and it should be cleared up. I still have a hard time understanding how overdraft has climbed to $35 bucks! I remember $5 seeming high and have always tried my best to avoid it.
As for credit cards, we don't have any. After going through our financial cluster that was some of the first things we got rid of. Consolidated them all into one bill we pay monthly and got rid of them. We're climbing out of the hole but it's a slow process.

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Sounds like you are on a solid plan for loosing debt. Do you know if Summit's website is still susceptible to this kind of order error? I ordered some stuff last weekend but went to 4 wheel parts, just in case.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Lumpskie wrote:Sounds like you are on a solid plan for loosing debt. Do you know if Summit's website is still susceptible to this kind of order error? I ordered some stuff last weekend but went to 4 wheel parts, just in case.
I honestly can't say. It sounds like it was a one time glitch but who really knows??

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Ted, you might want to consider a pretty paid credit card, that is all I use when I can't use cash. Find the item I want go fill the card double check for the best price and fastest delivery. Can only spend what is on the card.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

So this is a nice update. I had totally forgotten about this Summit issue. They double charged me but paid it back asap. I was fine.
Today I got a letter from summit and at first I thought they sent me a duplicate of the previous letter explaining the issue and apologizing.
Well, they did restate they are sorry for the trouble but now have given me $40.00! Image
How cool is that?

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

Very nice!
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Quite good of them.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Stuka wrote:Quite good of them.
Yup! Unexpected and made me happy. Now if they'd just bring the "good" cloyes TC set back... Image