Memorial day 2017

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Memorial day 2017

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

https://youtu.be/eEs4ke7cdNQ

May all my brothers and sisters who have gone ahead find the peace they so deserve.

Image flags in.

SemperFIGuy

Re: Memorial day 2017

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Semper Fidelis they truly were and are.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Thank you all R.I.P. my brothers and sisters you are missed. Semper Fidelis.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

will e

Post by will e »

Breaks my heart. Thank you. Rest in Peace.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Well done. Semper Fi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az chip

Post by az chip »

To all the ones still on patrol. Image

'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:To all the ones still on patrol. Image

If you mean the ones way, WAY upstairs who died in service but continue to "watch over us", I concur.
Hopefully that's what you meant?
Holiday to honor those of us still suckin' air and pullin' triggers comes in November.
Just a pet peeve of mine. Image

az chip

Post by az chip »

The ones still on patrol refers to those that are in the National Graveyards all around the world that never got to come home. The ships, submarines, aircraft etc that are still on the register as "On Patrol". The USS Arizona is one example.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:The ones still on patrol refers to those that are in the National Graveyards all around the world that never got to come home. The ships, submarines, aircraft etc that are still on the register as "On Patrol". The USS Arizona is one example.
Rgr that. Carry on! ImageImageImage

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

SALUTE

NH on the bird's tail is for "Never Home".
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

There's a couple of things I'd like everyone to read today.
Memorial Day is the evolution of "Decoration Day", which was set aside to honor the Union troops that died in the Civil War. Over time it was combined with the Confederate Memorial Day, and Women's Memorial Day and expanded to honor all Americans who died in service to their country. Congress intentionally moved this combined holiday to the last Monday in May for the express purpose of making it a three day weekend. If you didn't know that, now you do.

The things I'd like to point out here that might rustle some feathers are:
1) It's never the wrong time to thank a veteran or service member for their sacrifices. They put their boots on every single holiday from Easter to Ramadan, so no holiday is the wrong time to show some appreciation.
2) Saying "Happy Memorial Day" is offensive the same way saying "Merry Christmas" is to a group of hassidic Jews, it belays ignorance. That said, I hope all of you find some happiness today. Four times I went, four times I came home. Had I not, it would be my wish that on this day you honored me with family, friends, food and fun. That's why we fight, and that's why they died, for the American way of life. I'm going to honor them by doing the things they would if they'd made it home!
3) Last, not every battlefield casualty happens on the battlefield. The most recent study has found that 22 veterans take their own life each day. 1-2 of those are post 9/11 veterans. Korea, Vietnam and the first gulf war are still claiming victims.

So celebrate this day as you see fit, all I ask, with no authority to sway you one way or the other, is teach your children why this day exists. Hopefully a day will come when nobody is old enough to remember loosing a loved one to war. Until that day, lets help the next generation understand the real cost in hopes they never find out first hand.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

EDIT>> This is more appropriate, and I need my face to stop leaking.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

Thank you all for remembering the reason for the day.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

I had the privilege of being Aaron's gunner in Bosnia. We were there when 9/11 happened. It wasn't for some years after I lost track of him that I found out he had been killed in Iraq. Super guy, great leader, hell of a musician. I'd like to post one of his impromptu shows he performed not too long before he died.
https://youtu.be/xx5mR6S2lg8

Rough day today... Even my flag broke. Nothing going good.

letank

Post by letank »

jpswapmohn wrote:Thank you all for remembering the reason for the day.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

az chip

Post by az chip »

fulsizjeep wrote:SALUTE

NH on the bird's tail is for "Never Home".
Tell it Brother. I was never home when I was in that squadron. Wouldn't trade for anything.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

@ az chip...
Just wanted to apologize if I came across as snappy or rude. I seem to have a hard time with a lot of stuff on memorial day, reading comprehension and typing are but two of the smaller ones. I should learn to just leave everything and wander out into the woods alone around memorial day. Sorry brotha.

az chip

Post by az chip »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:@ az chip...
Just wanted to apologize if I came across as snappy or rude. I seem to have a hard time with a lot of stuff on memorial day, reading comprehension and typing are but two of the smaller ones. I should learn to just leave everything and wander out into the woods alone around memorial day. Sorry brotha.

No apology expected or needed. Say anything, vent everything. It is all ok to say among friends. Take care, Craig

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

az chip wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:@ az chip...

No apology expected or needed. Say anything, vent everything. It is all ok to say among friends. Take care, Craig
Thanks brotha...