Car TV Shows.

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

bigun

Re: Car TV Shows.

Post by bigun »

I shudder to think about "RoadKill" having an FSJ to destroy. I used to watch Extreme and the other shows associated with it but I got tired of half the show being about the products and a quarter about what had been done before the commercial break. Also got tired of how to build a chevy engine for the 100th time, so I cleaned off my DVR .
Watched an interesting show called "Detroit Steel" it was more travelog with a car build slipped in.
Got tired of Counting Cars bro this and Bro that and if Horny Mike was for real he would have been fired after the first week at my shop.
Youtube shows
Bad Obsession Motors, Project Binky. If you haven't been watching this why not, they are not only funny, but the main builder is a perfectionist who doesn't think twice about puling something back off and redoing if it doesn't meet his standards. They recently put out a bloopers tape which shows the amount of care put into dialog also. Kind of funny they only started filming to show friends of theirs what they were building.
Roadkill has become a parody of itself used to they would do their best to make the vehicle run and make the trip, now they just try to destroy.
Old time garage is an okay

Eric the car guy, has a pretty decent channel works on a diverse group of cars
While not cars "Onelonlyfarmer" has some real good shows on working on farm equipment.

Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

This will actually be their second FSJ. It's on Roadkill garage, rather than actually roadkill, and they are doing their old bit on getting a broken down vehicle running again. So they have actually saved two FSJs now.
In the market for a new FSJ

bigun

Post by bigun »

Another youtube channel you might check out is Mighty Car Mods Here is their latest a Toyota with a Ford double overhead cam straight 6 turboed running 9.99 in a quarter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUpfSUKVjYc