Two barrel manifold on a 401, Smog Nazi's and Edelbrock egr intakes.

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

letank

Re: Two barrel manifold on a 401, Smog Nazi's and Edelbrock egr intakes.

Post by letank »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Must be nice to be rich^^ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, ah, ah, very right, you do not need to worry about smog check... you buy a new vehicle every 6 years before the smog check is due!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Cheap Hobby

Re: Two barrel manifold on a 401, Smog Nazi's and Edelbrock egr intakes.

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Build for your home state. Even if you wind up here all you have to have is your original home state equipment as it was originally sold. So if you have a Howell tbi with ca eo tag and the numbers and direction of flow visible on your cat you are covered. Along with functionall vapor system and non leaking gas cap. Even CA cannot require you to add equipment that was not there from the factory.
You do have to smog and register it in the county you live in. Same applies to referees. A clean well maintained appearance with outhe smelling like new paint will go along ways in how well closely your vehicle is inspected. You can also get free pre inspections. Regardless of what a technical tells you they have to tell you why you failed. There is 1 less tech in town because the vacum line he failed me on was the vent for the rear axle. He failed me to make sure they had the required # of fails for the month because he had used one their 2 slides on his friends rig.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.